Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411422 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 11:00:24 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingAbducted
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Abducted  (Read 1558 times)
erakkun
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: September 13, 2014, 09:52:46 PM »

Abducted

Abducted is a first person action game I made during our school's game development courses and thus is my first time having something done with Unity3D. Nothing big and impressive but something.

Peaceful valley of snowmen is attacked by an alien. Can you survive the attack?

Controls
Movement = WASD
Look back while moving = hold Left Shift
Pause = Enter/Return

Play
http://gamejolt.com/games/action/abducted/34333/

Game uses Unity Web Player so you can play it straight from the browser as long as you have the plugin.
AJARTCGA
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2014, 12:02:09 PM »

Haha. That was a fun little game.
Everything worked fine. I enjoyed trying to dodge trees while the UFO got ever so closer. I almost felt bad about sacrificing the snowmen! 
The only complaint I had was that I wish you hid the mouse cursor. It bugged me, as it was going all over the screen as I was zooming through (and running into) the trees.
Other than that, it was nice for an early project. Keep going man, you're doing great.

Oh, and I got attacked by a snowman, but let's not talk about that. Haha

Follow Team White Sleeve on Twitter: https://twitter.com/WSleeveStudios
erakkun
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 05:59:20 AM »

Haha. That was a fun little game.
Glad you liked it! I'll definitely deal with the mouse cursor issue once I've heard all the major problems with the game. I'm surprised there's barely any complaints though.
Flynn1179
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2014, 08:13:08 AM »

Not bad, definitely feels very unfinished however. I found the mouse sensitivity a little high, would have liked keys to turn as well as strafe as an alternative to steering with the mouse, and a mouse sensitivity setting, and I'd consider a third person view as an option.

The only really obvious 'criticisms' are more a case of 'you probably just haven't done that yet'- environment is very plain, flat, and square, could do with more landscape variety & size, obstacles, powerups, traps, shelters, levels with increasing difficulty. Could do with a blood curdling scream as you're abducted though Smiley

Your core mechanic is obviously a 'last man standing' scenario, and secondary mechanic is 'get the other guys caught first'. That's just begging for a multiplayer mode, although it'll need a much more interesting environment to make that worthwhile.

Possible power-up suggestions:
* One-shot tractor beam disabler- but if you use it too late, you fall to your death
* Grappling hook/lasso- grab a tree on the way up to save yourself
* Decoy- throws the beam off the scent briefly
* Speed boost

Possibly additional alien abilities:
* Melt/shatter obstacles to get to you
* Pick up rocks or other debris and drop it to break up obstacles
* Split beam
* Reflecting beam that can pull you out from under an obstacle
erakkun
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2014, 08:48:40 AM »

Not bad, definitely feels very unfinished however. I found the mouse sensitivity a little high, would have liked keys to turn as well as strafe as an alternative to steering with the mouse, and a mouse sensitivity setting, and I'd consider a third person view as an option.

The only really obvious 'criticisms' are more a case of 'you probably just haven't done that yet'- environment is very plain, flat, and square, could do with more landscape variety & size, obstacles, powerups, traps, shelters, levels with increasing difficulty. Could do with a blood curdling scream as you're abducted though Smiley

Your core mechanic is obviously a 'last man standing' scenario, and secondary mechanic is 'get the other guys caught first'. That's just begging for a multiplayer mode, although it'll need a much more interesting environment to make that worthwhile.

Possible power-up suggestions:
* One-shot tractor beam disabler- but if you use it too late, you fall to your death
* Grappling hook/lasso- grab a tree on the way up to save yourself
* Decoy- throws the beam off the scent briefly
* Speed boost

Possibly additional alien abilities:
* Melt/shatter obstacles to get to you
* Pick up rocks or other debris and drop it to break up obstacles
* Split beam
* Reflecting beam that can pull you out from under an obstacle
Oooh, these are some great suggestions! Especially the multiplayer. I've actually gotten a lot of suggestions like these and I'll definitely try to work on them once I get more experience with Unity and 3D modelling. As of now I'm just too busy with school and other projects so they'll have to wait.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic