Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 11:33:07 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallDungeon Kindom RPG - Watch our Trailer !
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Dungeon Kindom RPG - Watch our Trailer !  (Read 1450 times)
kanda
Level 0

View Profile
« on: September 16, 2014, 03:07:56 AM »

Hello every one,

i want to introduce you my rpg Game, Dungeon Kingdom: Sign of the moon. If you ever played to Dungeon Master, grimrock, Eye ob the Beholder and all games of this genre, you'll know what i am talking about when mentionning it's a real time Dungeon Crawler Smiley

Here is a Screenshot:

About some of the features, here is a quick list:

-Multi-platform: From the begining, the game was designed with all the target platform in minde. And believe me, it's not an easy problem to face. So big range of gpu power, screen resolutions, screen ratios...!

-Real physics. As a few dudes told us, they didn't miss real physics engine in grimrock, but when seeing our videos with torch falling in the stairs or throwing items freely with realistic animation make sense and is very nice. I would add, that it's also a great source for new kind of puzzles.

-Cross platform features. As an example, saved games sharing ! You can start playing on PC, get your saved game from the cloud and continue playing on your tablet at the office during you lunch break.

-New kind of interactions: i will only give one for now, but you can burn some elements in the environments. Again, it's giving us some new gameplay possibilities!

-We have a real story design. The player won't be crawling in the corridors without any plot.And by story, it's not just a quick designed one.
We plan to make several games in the world of Dungeon Kingdom, and we created a complete world with an history. The game is starting at the  the dawn of the fourth age, in the land of pohe fakesys, created by the Adwij godness. The key events of the previous age are already documented !

-We think about newcomers to real time dungeon crawlers, so we have several play mode to fit any player experience.

-We have continuous levels. When you go down the stairs or fall in a pit, there is no fading screen or loading (except for major environments change). We wanted to break the flow. Also, again, it's a source of new gameplay possibilities. Just giving you a simple example: In Dungeon Kingdom, you can see what is happening in the level beneath you, is there is a grid on the floor under your feet. you can imagine stacking some rocks on a closed pit in front of you, and opening it at the right time when the creature arrives under that pit! More generally speaking, we want to give the player the opportunity to use the environment so he won't be forced to always fight. I can tell you, the doors which hurts some creatures going through it are back in Dungeon crawlers! We didn't see it since Dungeon Master and we are happy for our players, especialy the feature has been requested to us a few times !

-Despite the grid constraint when moving, well suited for mobile, but also on pc for fast action accuracy required by real time dungeon crawlers, we have nos restriction on height axis: you can imagin takin an elevator, falling from a cliff...It's quite unusual on crawler, and a great feature to have for the level design.

-NPC : in Dungeon Kingdom, we are not alone in the game. We'll meet some NPC, and they will be an important connection to the Story.

-Different environments. I don't want to spoil, but i think player will be surprised by what is awaiting them.

-We think that Dungeon Crawlers main factor for being attractive is not only graphics, but also the tension, ambiance and immersion. And we care very much to them. The ones who played Chaos Strikes Back will understand what i am talking about without any doubt. We work a lot on details, but also about how surprise the player, to avoid him to quickly get bored.

I will more than glad to discuss more about the game, so feel free to ask details
It's planned on pc, mac, ios, android and the development is already quite advanced.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 11:41:27 PM by kanda » Logged
vmenge
Level 0

Hobnail Studios

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 10:16:33 AM »

Hi Kanda! Any chance of some more screenshots or gifs so we can have a better idea of the game? Also you're description doesn't really give me any idea of your game besides that it plays like Legend of Grimrock. I'd be happy to give you some feedback, I just need to have a better idea before I do  Smiley

kanda
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 01:39:58 PM »

Hi Kanda! Any chance of some more screenshots or gifs so we can have a better idea of the game? Also you're description doesn't really give me any idea of your game besides that it plays like Legend of Grimrock. I'd be happy to give you some feedback, I just need to have a better idea before I do  Smiley

Thanks for your reply. I have just notice, the desciption is missig, sorry Smiley
I will edit the post  right now, sorry ^^

Regards
kanda
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2014, 01:44:36 PM »

Hi Kanda! Any chance of some more screenshots or gifs so we can have a better idea of the game? Also you're description doesn't really give me any idea of your game besides that it plays like Legend of Grimrock. I'd be happy to give you some feedback, I just need to have a better idea before I do  Smiley

I updated with the missing decription.
Here are more screen:

Heroes portraits:

Game captures:

You can also visit our Steam Greenlight page
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=296809307

or our official website:
www.DungeonKingdom.com

Thanks for reading Smiley
kanda
vmenge
Level 0

Hobnail Studios

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2014, 09:07:33 AM »

Hey Kanda! Being honest, Dungeon Kingdom RPG seems like just another game in the genre from the screenshots, but that's just judging a book by its cover. From your description it seems a lot of work is being put into making this a memorable and polished experience and that should definitely help it stand out, but I think having a unique visual identity would definitely help :-)

kanda
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2014, 09:37:23 AM »

Hey Kanda! Being honest, Dungeon Kingdom RPG seems like just another game in the genre from the screenshots, but that's just judging a book by its cover. From your description it seems a lot of work is being put into making this a memorable and polished experience and that should definitely help it stand out, but I think having a unique visual identity would definitely help :-)

thanks for your feedback. As a big player of real time dungeon crawler, i naturally choose the bricks based environment for my testing Smiley
however, the others ones are quite differents.We are preparing a trailer to show more content soon. We plan to post it 10 days before the campaign. I can tell you that there is temple, and an outdoor environment with a terrific ambiance Smiley
Jeff Skyrunner
Level 0

Never, but question engineer's judgement

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2014, 11:51:36 PM »

Hi!

The idea of let play the save game from different devices using the cloud is something I'd really look for!

Do you plan to have multiplayer?
Will the vision be only first person or is it planned to have also a third person view? For example, my girlfriend hates first person games, while I love them, so the possibility to switch view would be very nice...

I'm not a insane, my mother had me tested

I'm an engineer. To save time, just assume I'm never wrong
kanda
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2014, 02:05:09 AM »

Hi!
The idea of let play the save game from different devices using the cloud is something I'd really look for!
Do you plan to have multiplayer?
Will the vision be only first person or is it planned to have also a third person view? For example, my girlfriend hates first person games, while I love them, so the possibility to switch view would be very nice...

Hi Jeff,
Sorry no multiplayer plans yet. We are a small team and multiplayer would require to create 3D models for heroes, including seeing their equipment. However, in my dream i would love it very much. Perhaps if the DungeonK ingdom crowdfunding campaign ( http://igg.me/at/dungeonkingdom )  has a good success, we could create a special mode with only 4 characters to play together, like a magician, warrior, priest and a thief. This would be great...But i would really love such a feature my self, and as a crawler player for long time, i wanted it so long time ago when played to hese great game like dungeon Master and all others.

About the camera choice, the immersive first person view is important for us, and part of the way the game is constructed (levels, puzzles).

Thanks for your inputs.
Gagz9k
Level 0

Part of LudunPactum

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2014, 09:18:26 AM »

It looks really promising. Specially the Cross-Platform play and the Story and Plot. Dungeon Crawler always feel so shallow, there's not a real sense of WHY I have to crawl on those dungeons. I hope you manege to give the players that "feel of need". Smiley

kanda
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2014, 11:40:36 AM »

It looks really promising. Specially the Cross-Platform play and the Story and Plot. Dungeon Crawler always feel so shallow, there's not a real sense of WHY I have to crawl on those dungeons. I hope you manege to give the players that "feel of need". Smiley

Thanks.
Some games like Eye of the Beholder have a bit of story telling, but only at the begining of the game...We want more than that  Smiley
kanda
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2014, 11:43:15 PM »

Hello all,

We have released our trailer for Dungeon Kingdom: Sign of the Moon

We hope you will enjoyed watching it!
Remember you can support us here if you like the game:
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/dungeon-kingdom-sign-of-the-moon/x/8516640

Cheers
Gagz9k
Level 0

Part of LudunPactum

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2014, 10:12:56 AM »

Good edition, nice voice-over. (:

Later I'm going to drop some rupees on the campaign.

Best of lucks.

mildspring
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2014, 04:58:43 PM »

wow, that looks really nice.

two questions:
1 - can it be played on a phone screen? (lg2 - about size of iphon6 i believe).
2 - is turn based combat available? (like might and magic style)

Great job on the game, i looked though the videos on steam (you seemed to have used tablet for mobile, that's why i'm asking for device I have).

http://www.mildspring.com - making mobile games
kanda
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2014, 11:01:35 AM »

Good edition, nice voice-over. (:
Later I'm going to drop some rupees on the campaign.
Best of lucks.

Thanks Smiley Smiley
kanda
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2014, 11:07:32 AM »

wow, that looks really nice.

two questions:
1 - can it be played on a phone screen? (lg2 - about size of iphon6 i believe).
2 - is turn based combat available? (like might and magic style)

Great job on the game, i looked though the videos on steam (you seemed to have used tablet for mobile, that's why i'm asking for device I have).

- Yes, the game is tested from the begining to run on smartphone. And a phone like g2 is already good size Smiley
- no turn based. For us it would be a different game. And the level design is also part of the fun, to use the environment to kill monster or trap them. Would be much different in turn based.

Yes i recorded some videos on nexus7, bigger screen, so better for the video Smiley But it runs as good on G2/G3 (i have the chance to test the game on these two devices ^^ )

Regards.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic