Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411414 Posts in 69360 Topics- by 58415 Members - Latest Member: sophi_26

April 16, 2024, 10:54:24 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallTigWiki
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: TigWiki  (Read 482 times)
Krux
Level 2

View Profile
« on: September 17, 2014, 08:04:10 PM »

Over the time this forum has gathered a lot of talented developers, many tutorials and pinned threads that gather important information. But the problem is, a forum is not the right format for everything. Main reason why I would like to have it, is because of threads like this:
Developer Tools (WIP)

It's a good idea to collect information like this, because it is pinned, there are stille important tools listed in the discussion, but it is not anymore updated by the original author. A wiki would be the perfect place to put a list like this, and it can be extendet by more than just the original author.
Gagz9k
Level 0

Part of LudunPactum

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2014, 09:12:32 AM »

I think it could be awesome, but also it could damage the forum traffic even more. The forum already feel a little bit empty, taking part of it's "reason to be" would make it emptier. Besides, there is already a lot of wikis out there, isn't?

Krux
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2014, 03:48:42 PM »

The wiki is not meant to take out traffic from the forum. It should just perpetuate something that came out of the forum. The forum itself can't do that. I would also let the forum always connected to the wiki, so that the discussion can go on.

And yes there are a lot of wikis out there, but there is no indie game development wiki. I mean every tool has probably it's own wiki, and that's a good idea and should not be replaced, but there is still a lot left that has not jet been written down.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic