Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411273 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 02:36:27 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsRobotto Western! (Megaman-like action platformer) :-)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Robotto Western! (Megaman-like action platformer) :-)  (Read 8802 times)
pxloto
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: September 18, 2014, 07:24:34 PM »

*** LINK FOR BETA DOWNLOAD: http://robottowestern.tumblr.com/post/101885049374/robotto-western-beta-is-out ***

First of all, hello! :-) I've been waiting for a while to post this here. I'm Victor and I've been working on this project by myself for a couple months.

Robotto Western is my first commercial game. It's an action platformer with gameplay similar to Megaman X and visuals that resemble japanase pop culture. Judging by the work rhythm I'm in now I'm pretty confident to say that by the end of October I might release a Demo! :D

The story begins when our protagonist was found in a junkyard by a little girl named Carrie. She brings the wounded robot home so her father could fix him up. The robot becomes part of the family and start to help them with daily affairs, but never talking to them or even revealing something about himself or his past.
One day a gang of thieves plunder the small town where they live and kidnap Carrie. So it's up to you to get her back! :-)

I'll be posting relevant news here quite regularly, so if you like my project make sure to stay tuned! :-)

Also, if you really really like my project, follow me on Twitter (twitter.com/victor_fl) and we can chat! :-D

So, here's some artwork for the main protagonist and Carrie:

And here's some screenshots:

« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 04:05:59 PM by victor_fl » Logged
Low_Chance
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 05:22:24 AM »

A western-themed game inspired by megaman?

The music is going to be amazing.

Screenshots look good - how about some gifs? Let's see that robot cowboy slide around shootin' stuff.
pxloto
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2014, 09:36:25 AM »

I'd love to post some! :-) The problem is: I don't know how to capture .gifs on MMF2 and the softwares I tried didn't gave me good results at all. Does anybody knows a good one?  Grin
pxloto
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2014, 07:54:32 PM »

Sorry for taking so long. It took me a while to find a good gif capture software. :-)

Ah, btw, I'm still using some placeholders.

Here's some of them!

pxloto
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2014, 05:15:41 PM »

I added a combo system! I'm still working on more animations and fixing some bugs. I'll post more .gifs, or even a video soon! :D

pxloto
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2014, 07:54:36 PM »

Another .gif! <3 I'm close to finish all the animations for the main character. :-)

bbtombo
Level 1

lvl 2 spellcaster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2014, 07:52:41 AM »

Oh man I'd love to see Carrie being the main character! I know story isn't super important, but if she's pretty young, the motivation to get him back could be pretty emotional, plus seeing more female protagonists would be awesome!

quixotic
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2014, 08:07:29 AM »

Oh nice! Something about the palette also reminds of these old Amiga games Switchblade 1&2. Maybe that's just me though. I like the graphics.

Not sure why, but the run animation looks great in the first gif, but a bit odd in the other gifs. Maybe its just the missing particles in the other gifs or the camera movement.

pxloto
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2014, 11:00:08 PM »

Hey JamesbCampbell! That would certainly be awesome! I really like Carrie's concept also. Who knows? Maybe I can add her as a playable character, that's all I can say.  Well, hello there!

And quitoxic, on some gifs the sun actually hides the particles because they're almost white... Maybe that's why! And thanks for the compliment, man!  Wink

And I'm just gonna leave this here. I'm working on the first boss.  Kiss

knifeySpoonie
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2014, 01:43:50 AM »

Love the parallaxing backgrounds in the gifs, really make the world feel larger than it is. Some really nice stuff so far, looking forward to the boss gifs..

Founder and Creative Director |  KnifeySpoonie Games  |  Tpickarddev.com | @TPickardDev
pxloto
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2014, 02:19:20 AM »

Composer Luke Ford is working on the music for Robotto Western and it is sounding awesome!  Grin Grin Grin

It's still a work in progress but he's nailing it!  Kiss

https://soundcloud.com/ford-audio-design/robotto-western-ost-level-1
pxloto
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2014, 09:47:41 AM »

Sooooo, huge news, guys! :D The playble part is already finished and I'll post some videos as soon as I have the audio working 100%! :D Also, I started working on the cutscenes. Here's a small preview. :D

_Rob_
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2014, 11:06:15 AM »

I'm loving the striking visuals, and the way he disrobes his poncho at the start of each stage! Will be watching this one closely. And that music is so right, reminds me of sunset riders and TimeSplitters.

pxloto
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2014, 06:01:01 AM »

Thank you very much, Rob! :D

Here's a small gameplay footage of the game. The sounds aren't going to be the same on the final version! Hope you guys like it. :D

Collarblind
Level 0

Composer/Sound Designer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2014, 07:19:27 AM »

You might wanna work a bit more on the collor palletes for either the main character or some of the background, man. His legs just disappear whenever he's against a dark background. Great idea though! And I love the running animation! Keep it coming!

I make the stuff you hear when playing games! Shazam!

YouTube
SoundCloud
Tumblr
CasePortman
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2014, 07:23:53 AM »

Give me this now, I knew I'd been missing something in my life and that thing was Western Megaman! Game and Soundtrack look and sound freakin' juicy!!
SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2014, 08:24:36 AM »

I agree with Collar. His legs do tend to disappear - maybe you could use some hue shifting to shift the colors toward purple on the dark side of things.

I like the character design and look of the game. Nice work - looks pretty action-y. Nice sprite-work.

EdFarage
Level 2

I can upload avatars

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2014, 02:22:11 PM »

Wait a second, are you Brazilian? And do you study at FUMEC/BH?
I think i saw your project there, it looks amazing.
pxloto
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2014, 02:49:54 PM »

You might wanna work a bit more on the collor palletes for either the main character or some of the background, man. His legs just disappear whenever he's against a dark background. Great idea though! And I love the running animation! Keep it coming!

I agree with Collar. His legs do tend to disappear - maybe you could use some hue shifting to shift the colors toward purple on the dark side of things.

I like the character design and look of the game. Nice work - looks pretty action-y. Nice sprite-work.

Thank you very much, guys! I'm trying new colors for the BG. :-) And thanks for the compliments! :-D

Give me this now, I knew I'd been missing something in my life and that thing was Western Megaman! Game and Soundtrack look and sound freakin' juicy!!

Thank you very much, dude! :-DDD

Wait a second, are you Brazilian? And do you study at FUMEC/BH?
I think i saw your project there, it looks amazing.

Yes I am and yes, I do! :-D That was quite unexpected! I never thought someone from there would recognize me. Come talk to me if you see me wandering around! :-DDD And thanks for the compliments, man!
pxloto
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2014, 05:52:58 PM »

So, I just uploaded a beta version of the game available for download! I'd like to hear what you guys think about it. :-)

You can download it here: http://robottowestern.tumblr.com/post/101885049374/robotto-western-beta-is-out
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic