Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 02:19:25 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralLooking for Background Art and Portraits for Compelling Management Sim.
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Looking for Background Art and Portraits for Compelling Management Sim.  (Read 981 times)
Unplayables
Level 0

View Profile
« on: September 20, 2014, 04:50:40 PM »

I'm looking for an artist who is interested in making background & mini-portraits for an indy game I'm producing.

The game is at a stage where I sometimes have to catch myself and stop playing. I'm pleased with the compelling gameplay.

However it still needs some work and the visuals are aweful (quick paint placeholders).

Most of the game takes place in office environments, so it requires about 5 different backgrounds of offices; from a film noir 1980 typewriter style to a funky google-ball pit-office of 2014. Let's talk about this; I'm sure you're smarter visually than I, but I have a lot of ideas what could be good.

Payment is €50 per hour, but I can only pay what the game makes, which I'll be selling at €3-10. We share the proceeds until our hours are covered and any surplus is given to charity. So yes, maybe we'll both get little money for our efforts. However, I think this game has a good chance of catching a lot of attention.

--

A little background about myself:

Although I've been programming since my 12th birthday or so, I've always been more interested in game design. I have binders full of gamedocs. It's always been an inspiration itch that needs scratching once in a while.

The one game I did fully produce (TI-83) was good at keeping many of my classmates from receiving good grades  Smiley

It's rare that I go past prototype stage, because most ideas just aren't as fun in practice as they are to design.
This is a little different.
I'm 30 years old and have been living off my own business for 7 years now (yes I actually started during the financial crisis... and did ok)

PM me with examples of your previous work. Feel free to ask any questions here.
I look forward to receiving messages from the positive, creative folk of tigsource.

On a sidenote, I also wouldn't mind talking to someone who's experienced at interface design. Does anyone know any experts who are willing to give a bit of feedback?
rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2014, 05:05:40 PM »

you should post in offering paid work (it's a section! we have one!)

except that you're...not really offering paid work, you're offering a profit share (and even then, you're offering a profit share with a limited time frame? sounds like a bad deal to me but that's just me i guess)

so i guess you'd go in the Collaborations section actually

Unplayables
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2014, 05:48:56 PM »

Thanks! Really? I need to go through all the forum headings, I didn't find it. Appreciated.

I'm offering profit share, yes, I'm guessing I'll spend double the hours in total, yet I'm going for a 50/50 split.
I'm also offering a lot of creative freedom.
I know it's not the golden deal of the century... unless it's as succesful as I think it has a 5-10% chance of being.

Thanks for the feedback, though Smiley
rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2014, 05:50:43 PM »

yeah! there's no problem with offering a profit share; just be upfront about the fact that it's a profit share, not a paid-for-work-hours thing (like you're implying at the start here)

Unplayables
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2014, 06:10:10 PM »

yeah! there's no problem with offering a profit share; just be upfront about the fact that it's a profit share, not a paid-for-work-hours thing (like you're implying at the start here)

I thought I explained it clearly, but I'm sure people won't miss it now that you've mentioned it.
Unplayables
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2014, 02:04:13 AM »

Thanks for the reactions so far!
Didn't expect to find someone who composes in the bargain, thanks for that too!

There's still room for an artist, unless the current connections progress smoothly. If you are an artist and this project interests you, send me a message.
Unplayables
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2014, 05:11:02 AM »

Thanks for the responses everybody. I've met a few talented people thanks to this post and I would encourage others to use this forum to finding industrious people too.

Unless you're good at interface design and want to lend a few minutes to give some feedback or you're a saxaphone or trumpet player who wants to add to the noir jazzy music, we've currently got every skill we need.

If you want to add something else, it can never hurt to send a msg. Who knows what projects we'll start in the future and who knows? Also you have something we didn't know we need for this one. It can never hurt.

Thanks everybody!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic