Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411484 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58427 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 03:01:58 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesHey what do you guys think about doing a TIGS Steam curation page?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Hey what do you guys think about doing a TIGS Steam curation page?  (Read 1738 times)
jamesprimate
Level 10

wave emoji

View Profile WWW
« on: September 23, 2014, 05:50:43 AM »

So if you didnt know, Steam just totally re-did its front page, and now will be relying on recommendations via curated channels that you can follow: http://www.polygon.com/2014/9/22/6829015/new-steam-store-valve-discovery-update

I've kind of always wanted to see steam recommendations for TIGS games, since i can never remember when the hell anything is coming out, so this seems like a perfect opportunity to make that happen and possibly draw greater attention to TIGS games in general.

derek yu! john sandoval! i choose you!

rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 05:53:15 AM »

sounds GOOD

Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 06:13:46 AM »

I feel like this curator thing works best when it represents the tastes of a particular person, rather than a company or a community. I followed TB's curator page because I often agree with him about what's good/what sucks. I'm not sure if I would do the same for an organization's curator page. What would it contain? Would the page simply be the opinion of the page admin, or will it try to make an estimate of our community's opinion about a game?

Maybe I've interpreted this incorrectly. Would such a curator page simply contain all games produced by members of TIGSource? In that case, they're not exactly recommendations, though I could see the usefulness of such a list.

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2014, 06:15:48 AM »

yeah i just figured it would be TIGS games only

mks
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2014, 06:32:19 AM »

What's the exact definition of a TIGS game?

Where's the Spelunky 2 DevLog, Derek?
jamesprimate
Level 10

wave emoji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2014, 06:36:10 AM »

i was just thinking a straight up TIGSource games list. "games made by active tigsource forum members", but ideally ones with devblogs of a decent level of depth.

i dont know guys, i didnt think any of this through, i just want a tigsfriends steam list so i can remember to buy yalls games

mks
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2014, 06:44:27 AM »

This might help.

Where's the Spelunky 2 DevLog, Derek?
Dragonmaw
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2014, 11:33:54 AM »

A curated list of all game son Steam made by TIGS people would definitely be nice. Help support your buddies!
Manuel Magalhães
Forum Dungeon Master
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2014, 11:40:55 AM »

I second this motion.

alvarop
Level 9

ignorant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2014, 12:56:10 PM »

Do it pls.

i make games that can only ever be played once on http://throwaway.fun
ink.inc
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2014, 01:53:04 PM »

derek yu! john sandoval! i choose you!

YES WHAT HELLO THAT IS ME (i was actually talking about this in one of the moderator subforums; this is an awesome idea and tigs should def have one)
Gagz9k
Level 0

Part of LudunPactum

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2014, 04:03:49 PM »

User profile page could be upgrade, overall.
A little Curator Page. And also their own Editorial (that's a thing that can be put on the front page, when the article meets the standards, I mean), with a following system to see new post from the people you want.

jolene
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2014, 05:42:03 PM »

i was gona make one for my usual jokey steam reviews but im not on top of the playing new gams thing rite now so
Fallsburg
Level 10

Fear the CircleCat

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2014, 06:06:15 PM »

Question:
Would we want 2?
One for games made by TIGS people and another that'd be sorta like the front page (I.e. endorsed by TIGS people).
baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2014, 07:17:03 PM »

I think it would be more than just TIGS games. There's a lot of dynamite titles out there that we're all inspired by, that are in line with many of our gaming desires and aspirations, in both indie and commercial titles. In fact, I was actually wondering how to do a curation page myself anyhow; but it does seems like there's some level of brand recognition required, unless there's something I'm missing.

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2014, 08:00:35 PM »

what about also having a curation like the main site too (which I totally forgot about)

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2014, 02:58:51 AM »

It would be neat to have a TIGS curator kind of just using the system not to necessarily actually "recommend" fantastic games, but generally just giving them good ratings if they're from TIGS just so that they'll show up on the page of subscribers.

With some level of moderation, of course, but not as high as a normal curator would have. A focus place for TIGS games and not so much one for only the best (which would be biased depending on who the curator is anyway). Just so that we can find Steam games from here in one spot.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic