Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411509 Posts in 69375 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 11:36:41 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsRPS-featured project seeking C#/ C++ coders of various skill,Tech Demo available
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: RPS-featured project seeking C#/ C++ coders of various skill,Tech Demo available  (Read 585 times)
Aloft
Level 2

View Profile
« on: September 24, 2014, 08:48:11 AM »

Who we are seeking:

We are seeking  a small number of coders with C# /C++, and Unity3d experience. Past industry work isn't required, but helpful. The initial work is remote, and will start out as loose, but highly-goal-focused collaboration. The initial hours are flexible, however a couple dedicated members will help quickly push us over the cusp into paid work. We are looking for creative and motivated team members who will accompany us as we transition from the end of the conceptual design phases we are now in, and become valued long-term team members in the approaching paid implementation phases.

We are a group that values creativity, mutual respect for our members and supporters, and the fruits that can be accomplished through dedicated work. If you share these ideals, and the project materials resonate with your interests, we look forward to hearing from you!

The task which new team members will immediately participate in will be in helping to build a proof-of-concept engine environment within the Unity3d system. This will depict how we plan to handle rendering and shading, world generation and data saving / referencing, draw call management, lighting, and very simple GUI mechanics, in a stable and performance-conscious way. This proof of concept is the last element to be assembled into the already quite marketable project, which will allow us to be confident we are offering our supporters a complete vision of what they are asked to invest in, and move onto the paid contractual work phase.

The Highly detailed Unity tech-demo, which outlines the project's long-term conceptual goals, and is presented in consumer quality is available here; it is an excellent tool for all potential applicants to familiarize themselves with the work:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/tj7rrd2ge8nfagw/Sticks&StarshipsDemoPart1.MuseumPrototype.7z

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In order to get in touch with us, to setup a skype chat, you can send a message to:

[email protected]

Be sure to include information about your past work history, your coding background, and any personal information you feel may be useful! We can establish the rest in the first meetup, although please provide enough background information about yourself to give us an impression!

Who we are:

We are Aloft Studio, an indie startup producing “Sticks & Starships”.

I am Dennis Varvaro.  I am 28, and my background is in the field of Classical architecture and design. I hold a 5-year Professional degree in the Science of Architecture from the University of Notre Dame, and have worked for a number of US firms, and for clients abroad, in Belgium, Switzerland, and England. I have also done historical survey work for the Prince's Foundation. My work in the architectural-design and construction-administration field has provided me with usable templates for executing complex building projects on tight deadlines, while minding pre-determined budgets and helping to mediate teams of contractors. The systematic management tools I acquired in my trade, and the design proficiencies I developed  during this time allow me to profess confidence in co-leading this project with the proper team. I have over 12 years of experience in the field of modeling and texturing, with emphasis on environmental assets, although I also have experience in character design and topography, rigging, and animation, and in watercolor and digital media painting as well. I have proficiencies in designing assets for optimized integration into various game engine environments, and experience in implementing work within those engines. I am also an amateur musician, and have composed some material to lead the soundtrack, samples of which you can experience above, as well as being a sound engineer comfortable working with several DAW suites.
     I have spearheaded the development of our current assets and development framework through a 10-month period, and have managed the project through social media, article appearances, and PR-related activities to this date. At present I am the project owner and decision-maker.

Chris Bolton is 30 years old, and has been with the project since its conception. He has over a decade of experience working with C++, C#, java, python, lua, and other languages, and has a background working with several AAA publishing studios. Chris has worked on the engine design of the project up until the present, however due to family circumstances, has found a need to step away from the work for present, possibly to return to full hours later, which has partially prompted our need to bring in more talent at an earlier moment, in order to realize our stated design goals.

-We look forward to adding talented and driven individuals to our group!

The Project:

Cinematic Trailer:

Detailed Homepage:

http://www.aloftstudios.net/

Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sticks-Starships/1477234149156430

The project, "Sticks & Starships", is a voxel sandbox game, the most salient features of which are its vast and sprawling size and structure, and its ponderously complex tech tree which will take the players through an Oddessy of exploration, resource gathering, construction, design, and the implementation of vast, ever-growing industrial systems. The player will explore a voxel world divided into half-meter units, which exists as conceptual cube projected onto a sphere (thus making it circumnavigable), experiencing diverse surface biomes, and many strata of complex cave systems and subterranean life below. They will eventually gain the means, through industrialization, to travel to increasingly more hostile locales and environments, and eventually to leave their world itself in search of others.

Philosophically, a major goal of the project is to promote virtual environments where players collaborate together to accomplish complex gameplay and emergent goals, and to promote the ideals of artistic expression in many forms, and the practice of the scientific method applied to a simplified engineering context.

A more complete description of the game mechanics is present on our homepage, and in the voice narration of the Tech Demo.

Due to the ambitious nature of the project, we are choosing to narrow our scope to delivering the first gameplay segment, which includes the most basic game engine environment, and the classical-age assets; this installation will serve to prove whether interest and capital exists to fund the realization of the project as a whole.

The task which new team members will immediately participate in will be in helping to build a proof-of-concept engine environment within the Unity3d system. This will depict how we plan to handle rendering and shading, world generation and data saving / referencing, draw call management, lighting, and very simple GUI mechanics, in a stable and performance-conscious way. This proof of concept is the last element to be assembled into the already quite marketable project, which will allow us to be confident we are offering our supporters a complete vision of what they are asked to invest in, and move onto the paid contractual work phase.

Soundtrack Samples:

https://soundcloud.com/dvarvaro/dolphinseppuku1

https://soundcloud.com/dvarvaro/itsawhale1

https://soundcloud.com/dvarvaro/downtoasunlesssea1

https://soundcloud.com/dvarvaro/miniaturetiger11

In order to get in touch with us, to setup a skype chat, you can send a message to:

[email protected]

Be sure to include information about your past work history, your coding background, and any personal information you feel may be useful! We can establish the rest in the first meetup, although please provide enough background information about yourself to give us an impression!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 12:12:38 PM by Aloft » Logged

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic