Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 12:16:06 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingKing's Conflict: new free digital card game needs playtesters!
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: King's Conflict: new free digital card game needs playtesters!  (Read 2699 times)
ActionGamemaster
Level 0

I fight frogs regularly

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2014, 06:12:34 AM »

I downloaded the v. 200, and forgot about it. Then, this came up on the front page of Playtesting, and I remembered: "Hey, I'd like to play this game again". So, I launched my v200 installer, and it asked me to go get a new version. Why not let me use the old version against CPUs, but not players? So, I downloaded v201, installed it. It then tried to update. It failed, and said: "Failed to download updates. Check your Internet connection, or try again.". Multiple times. And as you can see, I'm connected to the internet and tried again.
Can you please disable the requirement of being online and updated to the last version just to play the game? I understand when it's online and every player must be on the same version, but when it's just me trying to play against a bot to give feedback and then failing because your updater is unreliable, it doesn't make sense.

I'm doing a game thingie here:
ActionGamemaster
MarkSutton
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2014, 09:06:41 AM »

Aargh, sorry for the hassle. The launcher problem was a screw up at my end when I moved the website, all now fixed (or at least I hope so, it works for me now anyway).

Offline mode - what I'm worried about here is card data - if you play offline and modify your decks, and I hold a local copy, then when you log in again there are two different datasets that need synching, which is not straightforward. You are right though, it does seem a bit onerous to require login to just play against the computer.

Stepping back though, there is an easy answer. What I'll do is add an offline mode that disables card management. Will be next version though, so I'm afraid for now you will still have to log in.

Thanks for persevering anyway, and apologies once more for the launcher issue.

M.

ActionGamemaster
Level 0

I fight frogs regularly

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2014, 04:21:22 AM »

Well, with the card syncing, you can do it like Steam does with steam cloud save files: If the offline card deck contradicts the online deck, you can notify the player about that and ask which card deck the player wants to use: The online one or the offline one.

I'm doing a game thingie here:
ActionGamemaster
MarkSutton
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2014, 08:38:32 AM »

Another update now out - this includes
- Improved AI that plays on all four maps
- More interesting card-set for the default deck
- Offline mode as requested
- Some new cards that provide more ways to improve your 'pulling power' from your deck
- Various fixes and tweaks

Synching - yeah, it's possible I know, I just don't want to get into that sort of thing if I can help it. I'm only a one-man team and I need to try to keep the server-logistics as simple as possible so I can put what time I have into the game design itself :-)

M.

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic