Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 08:22:32 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborations[Rev-share] Artist wanted for Nintendo Wii U title
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [Rev-share] Artist wanted for Nintendo Wii U title  (Read 661 times)
LoneDev
Level 0

View Profile
« on: September 26, 2014, 11:38:49 AM »

I am a programmer about to finish my Bachelor in a few months and I am looking for a dedicated artist to join me in making an ARPG (think of a simplified version of Diablo 2/realm of the mad god) for the Wii U console, using the Unity framework. 

I am a dedicated programmer with plenty of experience when it comes to these sorts of games, here's a link to my portfolio: Portfolio

I've developed a prototype of the game, remember it's just a prototype, game play will be completely overhauled, same with the art, music, and UI. 

Here is a link to the PC build of the prototype (requires Unity plug-in):
Prototype

Artist Responsibilities:
* 2D sprite creation of units, projectiles. (no need for tilesets) 
* animation of said sprites (very simple 1-2 frames long animations). 
* UI textures (buttons, skill icons, etc) 
* Images to advertise the game (Nintendo requires some pictures of the game for the e-shop). 

Artist Requirements: 
* experience playing other ARPG games (Diablo 2, Path of exile, Torchlight, Realm, etc) 
* Willing to be more than just an artist, if you don't like something about the game I want to hear about it! if you think a skill is boring, or you came up with a great idea for a quest, tell me. 
* Obvious skill in 2D pixel art. 

Artist Compensation: 
* 25% of royalties 

It’s one thing to have your art in some website game or even an app, but it’s a whole different thing to have your work displayed on a home console, this is a big opportunity for me as well as for you.

Please post your portfolio or links of your work.
rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2014, 12:33:26 PM »

why only 25%? if i may ask; are there a substantial amount of other people working on the game? that especially strikes me as weird considering you want the artist to help out with design work

https://www.behance.net/gallery/14864773/General-Portfolio portfolio here, either way

LoneDev
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2014, 02:46:10 PM »

it can be negotiable, I also assume I need to leave some left for a composer.
rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2014, 02:47:50 PM »

i can do music too https://www.behance.net/gallery/Selected-Music-Portfolio/15056967

LoneDev
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2014, 03:28:44 PM »

I believe I sent you a message but my Outgoing mail stayed at 0, I don't know if you got it.
rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2014, 06:55:47 PM »

just did, i'll shoot you a message on skype

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic