Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 06:37:54 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)CreativeGraph-Based Map Generation for TraumaRL - A Talk by Tom Ford
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Graph-Based Map Generation for TraumaRL - A Talk by Tom Ford  (Read 870 times)
Logo
Level 0

View Profile
« on: September 27, 2014, 06:06:31 PM »

Hi,

I recently finished editing the first talk from this years (2014) International Roguelike Development Conference, and I thought some of you might be interested.

The talk is about procedural map and "quest" line generation using graphs.
It does involve some conceptual discussion of algorithms, but it's non-technical, so I decided to post it here (hopefully it's the right sub-forum).

I did not attend the conference, but I found the talk to be very interesting, hope someone here finds it useful. ^_^

You can find the talk

peteandwally
Level 0

how could i fail now

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2014, 03:28:55 PM »

Interesting talk, but the audio was difficult to understand at times. Still, the slides explained enough of what he was saying. Thanks for sharing  Smiley
Logo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2014, 07:44:15 AM »

Yeah, the audio is not great (an understatement for sure). I was told that the original video was recorded using an upright iPad (using the built in mic, I would guess), so that is the reason.

I edited the slides in to make the talk more legible - I also transcribed most of it, and want to put in the closed captions - but I am trying to do edit some of the other talks first.

I am hoping to go to the conference next year and mic the speakers up. ^_^

I really feel that the talk is worth listening to though, if you can make it past the audio.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic