Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411486 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58427 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 10:06:02 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat games are you looking forward to?
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: What games are you looking forward to?  (Read 4046 times)
Faust06
Level 5

terminally laid-back

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2014, 08:03:59 PM »

Alien Isolation - early impressions seem to exceed "they didn't fuck it up" which says plenty for a game of this franchise

Civ Beyond Earth
Bloodborne
Lords of the Fallen
Star Citizen
Elite Dangerous
the next Metroid game?Huh?
jiitype
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2014, 08:35:39 PM »

p4 was good, but it was plagued by a horribly long introduction, easily 3-4 times longer than p3. overall i liked p3 a lot more (for its aesthetics, the evoker pistols, the capacity to play as a female char, and junpei, basically)

Hmm I don't think that P4 had a long introduction, when I started playing it I never really felt any "this is the introduction part of the game". At what point does it end then?
saturdaymorning
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2014, 09:21:17 PM »

Vagante
24 Killers
Fantasy Life I guess
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2014, 02:40:34 AM »

p4 was good, but it was plagued by a horribly long introduction, easily 3-4 times longer than p3. overall i liked p3 a lot more (for its aesthetics, the evoker pistols, the capacity to play as a female char, and junpei, basically)

Hmm I don't think that P4 had a long introduction, when I started playing it I never really felt any "this is the introduction part of the game". At what point does it end then?

It takes a long time before you get to start exploring and making any choices, on the order of a couple hours. The "intro" ends when you get to start choosing activities for the day and exploring the first dungeon. I completely agree with him - Persona 4 had a really long wind up before you stop listening to dialogue and get to starting playing the game.
jiitype
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2014, 04:46:46 AM »

It takes a long time before you get to start exploring and making any choices, on the order of a couple hours. The "intro" ends when you get to start choosing activities for the day and exploring the first dungeon. I completely agree with him - Persona 4 had a really long wind up before you stop listening to dialogue and get to starting playing the game.

Ooh okay. It didn't feel long to me, I guess I just liked the dialogue more than you guys idk
Julien
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2014, 05:20:08 AM »

Right now there are tons of upcoming titles I'm interested in. I don't know how I'll have time to play them all.

Civilization: Beyond Earth - Nostalgia trip for Alpha Centauri fans. For some reason I don't care about Civilization but I loved Alpha Centauri. I guess I just prefer alien/sci-fi technology.

Just playing civilization takes a lifetime :D

airman4
Level 10

Need More Time !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2014, 06:10:55 AM »

PS nova of course

Conker534
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2014, 08:10:32 AM »

jesus why is smash not out yet
jiitype
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2014, 08:43:09 AM »

Why do people love Smash so much

WHY
rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2014, 08:52:01 AM »

because it's the best fighter that exists

less antagonistically:

- it has incredibly solid mechanics that are completely unlike any other fighter in existence; it takes platformers' core appeal and transmutes them into a fighting game that's almost entirely focused on speed, momentum, and jumping, unlike most fighters, which are very restrictive and combo-heavy (not to say that smash doesn't have combos, because it has a pretty deep combo game if you're actually paying attention)
- the launching mechanic is universally satisfying; the same level of sheer fuck yes joy hits your pleasure center for every ring out you hit right on the mark. there's something incredible about absolutely nailing your opponent at the sweet spot and seeing them fly
- crossover characters add a lot of appeal, if you're into that (this is probably a good 80 percent of why it was popular in the first place)
- kinda just the above point restated but the sheer verve and love that goes into detailing easter eggs re: all these minute characters both from nintendo and the third party guest stars with items, collectables, etc
- the game holds equal appeal for competitive players and party people for obvious reasons
- idk seems obvious to me what's your beef

Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2014, 09:11:47 AM »

Smash Bros is an enjoyable party game imo. I'm not sure if I would get it for the 3DS though. The couch gameplay is the major draw of the game for me and I assume you would have to buy multiple games + multiple consoles to even be able to play it locally.

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
jiitype
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2014, 09:22:03 AM »

- idk seems obvious to me what's your beef

I can play it for 5 minutes and then I get bored Shrug
mks
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2014, 11:22:26 AM »

im just not really hyped for anything at the moment (not even bloodborne).

Blink

Where's the Spelunky 2 DevLog, Derek?
gmicek
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2014, 11:46:58 AM »

I can play it for 5 minutes and then I get bored Shrug

I'm with you there.  In addition to that I have a hard time figuring out what in the world is happening at any given moment.  I love fighting games, but Smash Bros always seemed overly spastic.

Looking forward to Civ Beyond Earth, Alien Isolation, Gabriel Knight, Wings Remastered, and Assassins Creed Unity.

Greg Micek
Cliqist.com - Crowdfunded Gaming
Twitter Facebook
ink.inc
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2014, 11:48:47 AM »

im just not really hyped for anything at the moment (not even bloodborne).

Blink

tbh meh
Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2014, 03:02:32 PM »

Bloodborne looks like it's going to be a better Mordheim game than the official one.

Citadel is about the only thing that I'm looking forward to because I don't own a Playstation 4.
jolene
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2014, 03:12:29 PM »

Nothing
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2014, 08:14:56 PM »

Nemesis system in shadow of mordor, it's not a game but a mechanics, but jey i'm not a gamer, i'm a designer  Cool
Who played this game yet?

Conker534
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2014, 07:32:36 AM »

Smash in less that 24 hours

Holy fucking shit I was born ready
dog199200
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2014, 07:57:53 AM »

Call my a trader to the indie community, but I am honestly waiting for The Evil Within, and Silent Hills. I am a HUGE survival horror fan, all the way back to the original Resident Evil, and it looks like these two games might actually try bringing back that fear factor. There are a few good horror games from recent years, like Outlast, but for the most part survival horror as a genre has become void. They games are no longer scary by any means. Take Resident Evil five and six for example. They had gore, but they were extremely light based, so not scary at all. I would love to see The Evil Within and Silent Hills bring back that dark scary factor that horror games have been missing. Thoughts and opinions?
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic