Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 08:19:08 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallNot a Clone: a satire on the mobile game market
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Not a Clone: a satire on the mobile game market  (Read 866 times)
Omiya Games
Level 1

Experimental #OneGameAMonth challenger. よろしく!

View Profile WWW
« on: September 29, 2014, 12:31:52 PM »

Hey, guys. After working on mobile games for 4 years, I had a bit of rant to make, and I made into a game for September's #OneGameAMonth.  Introducing Not a Clone, a satire on the rampant clones taking over the mobile game market, and how it drowns out the original games.

Upon receiving his new smartphone, poor Jimmy downloaded all of the top-selling games that now demands every second of his attention. Help Jimmy play through as many mobile games as possible before the battery runs out!

Not a Clone is a Wario Ware Inc.-style minigame series where you play mobile games in quick successions.  The game is playable on the PC, Mac, Linux, and the controls are entirely done with mouse.

Download at GameJolt or Itch.io

Let me know what you guys think of it!
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 08:19:10 PM by japtar » Logged

LanziVision
Level 0

LanziVision

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2014, 12:56:34 PM »

I understand it's a satire,  but after watching the trailer, all i want to do is play it because I like those games!
Omiya Games
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2014, 01:08:56 PM »

I understand it's a satire,  but after watching the trailer, all i want to do is play it because I like those games!
As a satire...I meant those games to be fun.  The exaggeration part comes in the number of clones, not its fun-factor!
Also, you can totally play it right now.  It's a finished game.

rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2014, 02:26:23 PM »

i love how by making a satire of clones you made a clone of warioware

Omiya Games
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2014, 04:25:32 PM »

i love how by making a satire of clones you made a clone of warioware
Well duh.  Cloneception.  The game is an exaggeration intended to make a point.  So of course I would go deeper. Noir

Plus, I actually make that kind of joke right when you boot the game for the first time.  Why is the credits button screaming at you that there's something new, just when you opened it?  Because you unlocked the first clone: the game itself!

In all seriousness, making a unique game wasn't my intent this time around.  I kind of wanted a "unsuspected-mobile-user simulator" for this game, and Wario Ware Inc. fit the bill.

rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2014, 06:33:18 PM »

nah i meant nothing bad by it. i can't even play it at the moment anyway, though i will when i get the chance.

Omiya Games
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2014, 08:13:55 PM »

nah i meant nothing bad by it. i can't even play it at the moment anyway, though i will when i get the chance.
D'oh.  Caught by Poe's law again!

My bad.  I had the wrong impression.  For penance, I'll play Bubsy 3D for 3 hours.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic