Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411412 Posts in 69360 Topics- by 58415 Members - Latest Member: sophi_26

April 15, 2024, 11:31:08 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesGames for gamers vs. non-gamers
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Games for gamers vs. non-gamers  (Read 3553 times)
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2014, 04:56:59 PM »

actually it's cringy more for the same reason as this

wow, reads like something ross geller would say

Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2014, 04:57:25 PM »

I'm making fun of "unbearable cuteness" (you didn't start this) but damn your dynamic avatar ruin the jokes.

edit:
I know the feeling, but I'm increasingly aware that's wrong and an effect of being raised in a culture that value sociopathic attitudes.

i think it's important to make a distinction between "cute" and "cutesy;" cutesy, as i used it, implies a sort of inauthenticity or disingenuousness. "cute," on the other hand, is something that we could all use more of.

my issue isn't that the video is cute, it's that it doesn't ring true; it feels manufacturedly cute, robbing it of any genuine emotion
fake cute gamer!

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2014, 05:01:02 PM »

#cutegate
#notyourcute

rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2014, 05:08:14 PM »

now *ahem* while i may not agree with the harassment, *pause* i think we can all agree that depression quest isn't cute. what's up with that?

Christian
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2014, 12:11:36 PM »

It's pretty simple really. If you play games, you're a gamer. It can be mobile games, or Madden, or indies, or freeware game jam entries, or the newest AAA titles. If you play games, you're participating in that hobby, you're a gamer.

Now there are different ways of engaging in that hobby, the same way some people enjoy b-movie shlock or indie dramas or only watch blockblusters. But video games can and should appeal to a wide variety of tastes, preferences, age groups. Movies do, books do, tv does. Like every other form of entertainment, video games are enjoyed by a diverse range of people. Saying someone is a "non-gamer" because they only play a certain game and nothing else makes no sense.

If you play games, you're a gamer.

Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2014, 12:23:07 PM »

so clever

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic