Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 05:37:58 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralHuman Hugs
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 115
Print
Author Topic: Human Hugs  (Read 333890 times)
The Monster King
Level 10

FRKUC im ALWAYS ANGRY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAnerd

View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: December 01, 2012, 08:01:06 PM »

im a noob

you wont be a noob forever

dont obsess over girls and take care of yourself
Trystin
Level 4

Nyoom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1701 on: December 19, 2012, 04:26:52 PM »

I have just read about the heart surgery that I have to undergo soon. I somehow convinced myself that I would get narcosis. But I have now found out that I have to be concious while they perform the surgery. What a nightmare  Cry

Yes, I'm a complete pussy.

Your no pussy, I think it would be awful seeing all of that. Good luck mate, you will get though it. *hugs* Sad

Shackhal
Level 9

Like a child with toys

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1702 on: December 29, 2012, 07:09:32 PM »

I have just read about the heart surgery that I have to undergo soon. I somehow convinced myself that I would get narcosis. But I have now found out that I have to be concious while they perform the surgery. What a nightmare  Cry

Yes, I'm a complete pussy.

Just be brave and you will be alright. For better. Hugs to you, good luck and success for your operation.

Trystin
Level 4

Nyoom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1703 on: December 31, 2012, 11:37:46 PM »

My dog just died  Cry its been completely healthy for the past week and showed no signs or implications of sickness. We have had the dog for at least 10 years and its pretty hard on the family. We don't usually have any real snakes or poisonous spiders around our place (I live in Australia) and we found her in a bush with no signs of dying.

Its pretty sad, didn't even get to say goodbye.

s_l_m
Level 8

Open to collabs

View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: December 31, 2012, 11:41:57 PM »

My dog just died  Cry its been completely healthy for the past week and showed no signs or implications of sickness. We have had the dog for at least 10 years and its pretty hard on the family. We don't usually have any real snakes or poisonous spiders around our place (I live in Australia) and we found her in a bush with no signs of dying.

Its pretty sad, didn't even get to say goodbye.

Hugs dude. Its always the worst when you don't know its coming Sad

Think happy thoughts.
Trystin
Level 4

Nyoom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1705 on: January 01, 2013, 01:01:32 AM »

Hugs dude. Its always the worst when you don't know its coming Sad

Yeah, it was quite a shock. Thanks man  Concerned

Friend
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: January 01, 2013, 02:12:24 PM »

Aw maan, that sounds terrible. I had a dog die once, but his death was not an accident. He was ran over by a car on purpose. I have no idea who did it.

The cake is a pie!!!
Smithy
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: January 01, 2013, 04:50:21 PM »

Sorry to hear it Sad Could have been a hit and run? I lost one of my dogs like that, once. He got out one night and never came back. Found him out there whimpering with broken legs by the side of the road. Had to put him down.

Code_Assassin
Level 5

freedom

View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: January 01, 2013, 06:15:01 PM »

Sorry to hear it Sad Could have been a hit and run? I lost one of my dogs like that, once. He got out one night and never came back. Found him out there whimpering with broken legs by the side of the road. Had to put him down.

The same happened to me with my cat. I found him at the base of a tree with both of his legs broken - and his bladder erupted. We had to put him down.

I think someone hit him, and he dragged himself back home. Almost got there. I think he went under the base of the tree to die. Probably didn't want us to see him in that condition. Most cat's go off in isolation to die anyway.
Friend
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: January 02, 2013, 01:21:50 AM »

The same happened to me with my cat. I found him at the base of a tree with both of his legs broken - and his bladder erupted. We had to put him down.

I think someone hit him, and he dragged himself back home. Almost got there. I think he went under the base of the tree to die. Probably didn't want us to see him in that condition. Most cat's go off in isolation to die anyway.
The same thng happened to the first cat I remember having(Cause there was one before). We drove back from church and the supermarket and stuff. It was a holliday so we were home late, and the only thing we found was our lovely cat dead in front of our yard. He must have had some major internal bleeding, because there was blood comming out of his mouth... not a nice scene. I was crying for like two days afterrwards. Though he had it in him to get back home... wow.

The cake is a pie!!!
Code_Assassin
Level 5

freedom

View Profile
« Reply #1710 on: January 02, 2013, 11:10:13 AM »

The same thng happened to the first cat I remember having(Cause there was one before). We drove back from church and the supermarket and stuff. It was a holliday so we were home late, and the only thing we found was our lovely cat dead in front of our yard. He must have had some major internal bleeding, because there was blood comming out of his mouth... not a nice scene. I was crying for like two days afterrwards. Though he had it in him to get back home... wow.

*HUG*
Trystin
Level 4

Nyoom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1711 on: January 02, 2013, 02:07:19 PM »

I don't think mine died from a hit and run because she wasn't beat up in any way, but in the last few days we have been thinking it was some rat poison we have been finding under the house from the previous owners. But we still don't know, but I just wish I knew the cause of it  Sad

That sounds terrible  Sad

Sean A.
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: January 11, 2013, 05:16:23 PM »

My brother just went back for his next term at university and in the first week back he fell and broke his dominant hand and then his laptop and 3DS got robbed out of his house. Shitty week for him Sad
emacs
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1713 on: January 11, 2013, 06:53:18 PM »

Sucks man, my cousin had his laptop stolen last month.  He filed a police report and thanks to Find My Mac he was able to get it back, hopefully your brother has the same luck and has his stuff returned!

Sean A.
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: January 11, 2013, 07:17:22 PM »

That's great to hear. He set up the find my Mac thing already so we will see if he gets an email
Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1715 on: January 13, 2013, 08:36:49 PM »

Generic bad day really, nothing on heart surgery, but I've had to enter the same damn information into flight booking sites 8 times now, only to have cards declined, "contact us" links only accept USA phones, got nothing notable done programming wise in hours of staring at code, and had to clean up the place because it's been a mess, with noise around me the whole day. Taking a break and a breather because I'm just getting pissed off at nothing now :/ biggest waste of a day I've had for ages though.

:^)
Level 10

wat a hell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1716 on: January 14, 2013, 07:12:09 PM »

I know how that is. oof. But seriously, just let it be.

Sometimes you have crappy days. In my experience, it's a good move to spend a quiet minute or two allowing yourself to feel alright with it not being a fantastic day than to be actively upset with how not fantastic it is/attempt to make it better (because this usually makes it worse).

After your quiet time, try something other than what was frustrating you for a little while.
Preferably something that allows you to focus only on the activity (it could be reading, lying in bed listening to music, going on a walk, yoga... just cut out distractions and focus on one thing.) Maybe something that you would like to do but don't often allow yourself to do.

Relaxing and giving yourself an attitude adjustment can sometimes make it a pretty good day.

Hugs dude.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 07:20:06 PM by peanutbuttershoes » Logged
Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1717 on: January 15, 2013, 01:55:26 PM »

Cheers. It got better yesterday because I forced myself to have most of the day off to celebrate my birthday with family and friends. I think I've just been burned out and it was the day that broke the metaphorical camels temper.

I think taking more regular breaks to do relaxing stuff could be a good idea this week. Funny how sometimes you need a reminder to look after yourself. Coffee

Muz
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: January 23, 2013, 03:18:10 AM »

Two decades back, I wanted to be a grown up, to not be controlled by anyone, to buy anything I wanted.

I wanted to figure out the secrets of the universe. To be like those prodigies who almost seemed to magically know things. To be the apprentice to a sorceror and eventually overpower him. To find that genie and wish for more wishes. To suddenly discover you're a prince and can take back a poorly governed kingdom. To simply tell someone "trust me on this" and have the plans work together perfectly.

And I guess the nerd fantasy of looking back and laughing at the people who once bullied me in school, as well as marrying the most popular girl in class.

And now.. I've got a lot of that. Or at least enough that all those things seem trivial. I'm at the point where I can do just about anything I want. I can look back at my childhood idols who went to MIT/Harvard/Stanford/Berkeley and think, "Hey, I'm better off than them."

And yet, it's lonely out here. There's something about knowledge that makes it difficult to communicate with people who don't know as much. You see the world in a different way.. and spend a large portion of communication trying to break things down into simpler metaphors. Heck, I find that even my metaphors need wikipedia links. I can say things that simply resonate with people because deep down inside, they identify with it, but they just can't get what it means.

The problem with being a prince who can take back the land (metaphorically) is that you get an overwhelming feeling of guilt if you don't. I can't sit back and enjoy games anymore. I can't simply choose to hang out and do nothing anymore. I'm forced to move forward and keep winning at life.. surrounded by people who don't understand me and people who pretend to.

I find other people... celebrities who have gone the same path. I talk to them. There's an instant bridge, like long lost friends meeting. I can feel the agonizing guilt of those who strayed away from their destiny for a life of comfort, and the pain who sacrificed their life for their dreams. There is always that point where one of us says, "Do you want to follow me on this quest?" The response is always a sad silence or a variation "Good luck. I understand, but we have to do what we have to do."

I worry that my only remaining dreams are those that will hurt my loved ones, either by putting them at risk, or denying them some other comforts in life. I worry that I'll just have to keep moving, leaving behind people who can't catch up, never maintaining any true friends.

EDIT: well, reading that back, it sounded a little arrogant. In gaming terms, my identity is enrooted in unlocking achievements, but I'm running out of achievements to unlock. Stuff like 'do a master's degree in MIT' is just side quest now, probably little benefit in the long run. I've hit all the major ones, and attempting the remaining ones can ruin someone's life. I know what the next step is and I've got the courage to do it, but I'll probably have to kill a little of that inner child every step I take.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 06:03:55 AM by Muz » Logged
Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1719 on: January 23, 2013, 04:03:23 AM »

For what it's worth, I've found that having a constant partner that I can turn to when I'm feeling shitty is extremely liberating.

If you're feeling guilty for not making the best use of your time even when there's not work to do, find an outlet for that. Go on a camping trip with whoever you're closest to, or heck, just have a regular "games and beers" night if you want to check off >1 list item at a time. Rekindle some connections.

You can't cure loneliness with more work, and you won't be happy working if you're feeling lonely.

I'm just starting out on the whole "winning everything" game though, so: Shrug

Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 115
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic