Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411196 Posts in 69314 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: feakk

March 18, 2024, 06:53:39 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralHuman Hugs
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 115
Print
Author Topic: Human Hugs  (Read 327668 times)
Graham-
Level 10

ftw

View Profile
« Reply #1800 on: July 13, 2013, 01:49:04 PM »

yeah. just tell them to go 'f themselves. they'll get over it. the less casual you are the more it hurts.
joseph ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: July 14, 2013, 07:50:12 AM »

How do you think girls feel their whole lives? But we still have to hit on them (gender substitutions possible)

yuck

Graham-
Level 10

ftw

View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: July 14, 2013, 07:51:51 AM »

life is what it is
Blambo
« Reply #1803 on: July 14, 2013, 08:02:38 PM »

How do you think girls feel their whole lives? But we still have to hit on them (gender substitutions possible)

yuck
...yeah I have to admit that's pretty gross.
Graham-
Level 10

ftw

View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: July 14, 2013, 09:06:46 PM »

how is it gross?
thunderhead.hierophant
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: July 31, 2013, 11:33:46 AM »

arrrrgh
toborprime
Level 1

You're luggage - *blam*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1806 on: August 01, 2013, 03:15:37 PM »

I sure have been doing a lot of laughing/crying trying to migrate a project from Game Maker 8.1 to Studio. It's like getting kicked in the junk over and over again  Big Laff
Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1807 on: August 01, 2013, 06:53:01 PM »

Hugs for everyone.

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1808 on: August 15, 2013, 04:14:29 PM »

Hugs for everybody. My first summer past graduating college is almost over and the difficulty of being an artist is sinking in. I had some awesome moments, like getting an article about my Pokemon minicomics on Kotaku, but I haven't made much money yet... not even enough for beer. I'm gearing up for some conventions, applying for jorbs and making more stuff. I just wanna give a hug out there to all the artists who are trying to make a living. It's hell out there, and I'm only just now realizing it.
Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1809 on: August 16, 2013, 07:49:02 PM »

It really, really can be. I found the easiest way to actually make money to live off doing it was to pick up other skills that complemented drawing (like programming). Haven't done raw commission stuff for about two years, it's a rough way to live, even rougher than just pure indie gamedev because at least consumers want to buy games - you have to find specific people to buy art.

Hugs to you Zest.

joseph ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: August 16, 2013, 08:17:25 PM »

zest, hugs. art life is tuff.

Graham-
Level 10

ftw

View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: August 17, 2013, 05:15:13 AM »

but you win big when you win with your art. just keep pushing wherever you can. life will give back, probably Wink
Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1812 on: August 17, 2013, 07:09:57 AM »

Thanks, guys. <3 I missed this place, but I've been so entrenched in comics and finishing university it's slipped away. Now I'm back, and I'm actually helping to work on some game projects too! It's hella exciting.
FishyBoy
Level 7

Make like a tree and get the hell out of here

View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: August 24, 2013, 09:14:00 PM »

i just lost the entirety of my days work because i didn't save and game maker had a memory error

Cry
toborprime
Level 1

You're luggage - *blam*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1814 on: August 25, 2013, 01:16:26 PM »

Cry hugs for you. That is awful. That has happened to me before... keep on fighting the good fight!!
Tazi
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1815 on: August 25, 2013, 01:29:26 PM »

Huge hugz!
GM should really have some auto-save feature. I mean even DAW programs, and MS Office has it, so...

toborprime
Level 1

You're luggage - *blam*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1816 on: August 25, 2013, 01:47:02 PM »

Also, maybe check and see if there is a .gb1 file in the directory of your game project - I think it creates one every time you run a test... you might be able to salvage your work from it??
framk
Level 2

I don't know anything

View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: September 04, 2013, 12:42:11 PM »

I'm incredibly discouraged because there's another person in my freshman class who's designed games, and all the cool hipster indie fucks are treating him like the next coming of Christ. It's bitter jealousy and I know it's wrong, but ooh, just burns me up.

Kekskiller
« Reply #1818 on: September 04, 2013, 01:42:08 PM »

I used to be constantly annoyed by some professional in a programming class I was visiting. What was a "professional" doing there anyway? Everyone sort of felt he's the king cause he had a "proven" opinion about everything and I felt sort of jealous, too.

Beat his first assignment by 300% higher performance though and they still looked up to him. You know what? I didn't care anymore. I knew I was better and I got over it. It's still there, somewhere, but convincing yourself with hard results often helps to overcome situation like that.
Carrion
Level 10

crowbro

View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: September 05, 2013, 03:26:47 AM »

I have nothing to look forward to, so waking up and finding something to do with my day is painful and needless to say a hassle. I get commission offers for art all the time, most people would probably kill for this kind of business at my age; yet it doesn't excite or make me happy. I often end up ignoring opportunity because it bores me, I don't really want the money because I don't have a preference for living condition.

I usually end up going and wasting my money on super expensive drinks at the local tea market. I don't have any friends so I can't go waste time with them, I just loiter in public places because it feels half decent to be around other human beings.

The girls that work there are cute, and ended up showing interest but I kept my mouth shut because i'd be miserable tied down to this shitty city over some girl I hardly care about. It's also hard trying to make conversation with people, it either feels like a giant circle jerk or some surface value bullshit I can't groove to. Nothing I experience feels real, sincere, or genuine.

Everything is great, I'm having opportunity, money, and relationships shoved at me from every angle I can think of. Yet I still feel some sort of unfillable void wearing away my integrity at the end of each day.

Does this make me unappreciative, or am I simply pursuing the wrong dream? Something tells me I just need to grow up and just get work done and not think about it, finish my game,use the opportunities, make money and lots of friends. None of that feels natural or real though and what's it all worth if I'm not happy?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 03:35:28 AM by Carrion » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 115
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic