Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411508 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 09:27:21 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralHuman Hugs
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 115
Print
Author Topic: Human Hugs  (Read 334660 times)
Liza
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1980 on: May 15, 2014, 03:21:45 AM »

My 12 day old son continues to have trouble feeding.  These last almost 2 weeks have been the hardest of my life.  I know that things will get better, but goddamn this has been so fucking hard.

I hope things get better for you soon Sad

Graham-
Level 10

ftw

View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: May 15, 2014, 03:29:18 AM »

congratulations on the kid. parenthood is a noble goal.
eyeliner
Level 10

I'm afraid of americans...

View Profile
« Reply #1982 on: May 27, 2014, 02:31:46 AM »

I have a baby girl coming! Due late september, early october. Smiley

Yeah.
Muz
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: May 27, 2014, 07:17:55 AM »

My 12 day old son continues to have trouble feeding.  These last almost 2 weeks have been the hardest of my life.  I know that things will get better, but goddamn this has been so fucking hard.

Newborn babies are really hard work. I thought things were going to be easy because I'm the oldest child among my siblings and was used to seeing babies and kids. But newborns are really hard. I caved in and paid $1k for a maid/masseuse for the first two weeks of my daughter's birth because there was just way too much shit going on.

Hold on, it's toughest the first 2-3 months or so. And I guess still tough first few years. And stuff. But nobody gets any sleep in the first month or so.
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: June 04, 2014, 01:19:00 AM »

I have a baby girl coming! Due late september, early october. Smiley

Congratulations!

Best of luck. Parenting is noble and admirable work. Stay strong and other such motivational phrases!
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1985 on: June 05, 2014, 04:26:43 PM »

ban guns you idiots

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1986 on: June 05, 2014, 04:29:09 PM »

the singular idiot was a typo, I meant to address the american people as a collective

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
framk
Level 2

I don't know anything

View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: June 18, 2014, 09:07:20 AM »

Over the past few weeks I've been repeatedly hospitalized. I've lost a little over 20 pounds in the past 2 weeks, and when I'm not in a hospital bed, simply getting up and doing what I need to do is an incredible struggle. This means that my performance both at work and in my free time making games is very much effected, and I hate this more than anything in the world.

joseph ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: June 18, 2014, 09:59:36 AM »

that's rough man. Focus on staying healthy and dont beat yourself up over work, being productive isnt shit if you're dead.

Blambo
« Reply #1989 on: July 03, 2014, 05:50:51 AM »

long distance relationship haha fuck life
Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1990 on: July 03, 2014, 04:42:36 PM »

^ did that for 3 years. worked out so far, been together 4 more years following that. hugs cause it sucks though.

clockwrk_routine
« Reply #1991 on: July 04, 2014, 08:36:31 AM »

going through the same thing. 6 years so far.  Said goodbye at the airport a couple days ago, sooo kind of wrecked.  it takes a lot out of you, but I kind of think the more you give to it, the better it is.  Just sucks because time apart at least for me, is like half fulfilling as it would be.  hugs dude
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1992 on: July 04, 2014, 08:44:02 AM »

long distance relationship haha fuck life
I share your pain, hugs pal

eyeliner
Level 10

I'm afraid of americans...

View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: July 06, 2014, 12:56:54 PM »

Hugs for the long "distancers". Done that for about three years. Been together for about three then but I know it's hard.

Yeah.
framk
Level 2

I don't know anything

View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: July 07, 2014, 05:29:19 AM »

I'm worried I'm abusing this thread too often, so if y'all feel that I post too frequently in here please let me know.

So, yet another hospitalization and a number of alien probings later I've been diagnosed with an auto-immune disease. Luckily it's something that can be controlled with medication, exercise, and diet. I was out of work all week last week, but my boss is such a fucking great person I not only got paid sick leave this past week, but he also sent me a touching e-mail that pretty much said, "Your job right now is to get better".

As I start to regain my strength I'm going to go head-first into devving once again, probably starting with a bunch of game jams.

Thanks everyone for being such a wonderful, supportive community.

Manuel Magalhães
Forum Dungeon Master
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1995 on: July 07, 2014, 06:00:24 AM »

I'm worried I'm abusing this thread too often, so if y'all feel that I post too frequently in here please let me know.
Don't worry about it. Wishing you all the best for your recovery.

Slader16
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: July 07, 2014, 09:25:34 AM »

So, yet another hospitalization and a number of alien probings later I've been diagnosed with an auto-immune disease. Luckily it's something that can be controlled with medication, exercise, and diet. I was out of work all week last week, but my boss is such a fucking great person I not only got paid sick leave this past week, but he also sent me a touching e-mail that pretty much said, "Your job right now is to get better".

As I start to regain my strength I'm going to go head-first into devving once again, probably starting with a bunch of game jams.

My brother had an auto-immune disease when he was younger, I hope you beat it!

PicklesIIDX
Level 0

Follow your heart!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1997 on: July 21, 2014, 07:11:55 AM »

It's okay to take a long while on the getting your strength back bit. Don't beat yourself up for not being insanely 'productive' at all times. Being healthy makes you productive and happy. Working out of necessity creates a distaste for the thing you once loved doing. Jams are demanding on the body, so make sure you're good before you go. And if you're in it and it starts taking its toll on you, recover first. Getting sick means you have less time to work at your maximum potential, while working healthy increases the quality of each hour you have. Being actually productive isn't hours spent, it's results achieved. And working on yourself is just as important as making things, especially if you want to be in this for the long run. I certainly want more people working on games for decades, instead of years or months.

Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1998 on: July 23, 2014, 04:50:31 PM »

This Monday one of our admins had a stroke, suffered massive brain damage, was taken off life support and is on palliative morphine until he dies. It's been a really sudden blow both for me and the community, not to mention the guy's family. He was early twenties. It's put everything in perspective, but also just made me not want to do anything and hide for a few days.

Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1999 on: July 24, 2014, 10:03:28 PM »

Wow. That's hard. (hug)

(hug) again cause i dont know what to say

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 115
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic