Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 07:44:45 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralHuman Hugs
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 115
Print
Author Topic: Human Hugs  (Read 328629 times)
Dacke
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2200 on: July 25, 2015, 04:45:51 PM »

Prinsessa, maybe call or chat with 1177?

I'm also usually too lazy to get checked out. Two weeks ago, I was constipated and got terrible pains in the middle of the night, screaming for like 20 minutes. Then it passed and I was like, oh well, that's that. But I kept having problems in the morning, so I called 1177, who yelled at me to get to the ER. Turned out my appendix had burst and I needed surgery the same day. So, yeah, being lazy about that kind of thing is probably a bad idea.

I am certainly no better than anyone else

poppycock

programming • free software
animal liberation • veganism
anarcho-communism • intersectionality • feminism
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2201 on: July 26, 2015, 08:39:27 AM »

all two times I've been to a clinic to have something physical looked at the conversation has been:

"oh, this is nothing to worry about. no action needed"
"so it will go away by itself then?"
"no"

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
JWK5
« Reply #2202 on: July 30, 2015, 07:04:37 PM »

all two times I've been to a clinic to have something physical looked at the conversation has been:

"oh, this is nothing to worry about. no action needed"
"so it will go away by itself then?"
"no"
Yeah, unfortunately I've gotten that a lot as well. The best thing I can recommend is do your own research, sometimes even if you can't solve the condition you can find means of easing it or coping with it. You might also try getting a second opinion or requesting a different doctor.

In any case, It's a raw deal that they are giving you the frustrating runaround like that, I am sorry you are having to go through it. I hope things turn around or you.

Hang in there, something will give. CoffeeToast Right
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2203 on: July 31, 2015, 08:18:29 AM »

To be fair they were very minor things though (beginning carpal tunnel, a lump that while somewhat annoying at least wasn't cancer or anything) and apparently if you really want something done about it all you need to do is insist.

framk
Level 2

I don't know anything

View Profile
« Reply #2204 on: August 18, 2015, 06:36:03 AM »

Was doing very well physically for the last 8 months or so, then all of a sudden yesterday I collapsed and had to be rushed to the hospital. Seems my body just really hates me and refuses to function.

JWK5
« Reply #2205 on: August 22, 2015, 07:11:54 AM »

Damn, that sucks. Sad I hope you bounce back get feeling better.

Did you find out what might have caused it?
framk
Level 2

I don't know anything

View Profile
« Reply #2206 on: September 10, 2015, 06:08:55 PM »

Hydroxyzine does what my therapist never could

JWK5
« Reply #2207 on: September 14, 2015, 08:43:06 PM »

Hydroxyzine does what my therapist never could
So it is working good for you, then? If so I am really glad to hear that, dealing with mental setbacks are brutal and can interfere with so much in a person's life. You have such a great handle on art and create some amazing, I'd want you to be able to enjoy that as much as possible without hurdles getting in the way. I hope the hydroxyzine is able to do that for you if it hasn't already.
Dragonmaw
« Reply #2208 on: September 14, 2015, 08:57:19 PM »

having stressful days lately. work is going into crunch mode and abject poverty is a thing.
JWK5
« Reply #2209 on: September 14, 2015, 09:23:21 PM »

having stressful days lately. work is going into crunch mode and abject poverty is a thing.
That sucks, and I can see how that could lead to stressful days. Sad

Despite the stress and exhaustion, is anything good going on? Maybe try and take some time for just yourself, even just a little bit, like take a nice hot bath and brainstorm ideas in the tub or something. I know having limited resources can be very depressing but for me, at least, that is a good time to start a new project even if it is just a throwaway one. It helps keep my mind occupied, and the more novel the project the better.

I hope things pick up for you or at the very least you manage to find some respite from it all. If you need to vent or chat or bounce random ideas off someone feel free to PM me.

Hang in there! CoffeeToast Right
Shackhal
Level 9

Like a child with toys

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2210 on: October 14, 2015, 01:59:44 AM »

Hugs to you, man.

I also have financial problems. And I don't have any quick idea to how to get out of it. Unless someone want me to do some commission work, I'll be in debt.

Fallsburg
Level 10

Fear the CircleCat

View Profile
« Reply #2211 on: October 20, 2015, 08:42:44 AM »

The best advice I can give is to not lecture people about whom you have next to no information.

Anyway, my thoughts are going to you Maw.
framk
Level 2

I don't know anything

View Profile
« Reply #2212 on: October 20, 2015, 08:44:21 PM »

The best advice I can give is to not lecture people about whom you have next to no information.

I've had my fair share of struggles with abject poverty, and simply wanted to offer advice on what worked for me. I'll keep my mouth shut next time, friend.

Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2213 on: October 22, 2015, 07:53:51 AM »

No you haven't. Your advice was literally "if you're poor don't buy so much things".

Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2214 on: October 22, 2015, 08:02:29 AM »

Lol shoq are you really gonna lecture this guy "I know you better than you know yourself." How do you know he hasn't been in poverty?

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2215 on: October 22, 2015, 08:35:33 AM »

someone who thinks being poor means you're overspender hasn't

framk
Level 2

I don't know anything

View Profile
« Reply #2216 on: October 23, 2015, 07:52:17 AM »

I don't really want to keep arguing about this because it's detracting from the original point of the thread. I've lived for most of my life in fairly abject poverty, was raised by a single mother who made about 18k per year and had to feed and clothe my sister and I.  hate saying this next thing because it's such a cop-out, but you don't know anything about me. I didn't say "you're poor because you buy things", I said "One strategy to help is to be mindful of your purchases". That was something that I learned over time, as early on when I became more independent, that was a real issue.

Anyway, my thoughts are with you, Dragonmaw. I hope things improve, and I'm sorry things got derailed.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 08:16:36 AM by framk » Logged

Shackhal
Level 9

Like a child with toys

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2217 on: October 23, 2015, 11:48:44 AM »

Well, my post make some conflicts here, I think.

I was working for a company before. Because I could afford it before, I bought a complete PC with credit because I wanted another working station and my laptop was already 2 years old. But 3 months ago, I was put out of the main force, so they only pay me when I do something for them. So I'm like a "ultra cheap" freelance for them.

I'm still paying that PC, so now I'm struggling a lot.

JWK5
« Reply #2218 on: November 09, 2015, 07:10:13 PM »

Just wanted to say, you're all awesome and I hope you're all doing well. Life can be rough sometimes, but from hardship sometimes you develop valuable tools and coping mechanisms that later in life will serve you well or might just be what will save another person from a dire situation. If you got it rough, hang in there. You guys kick ass and make this forum worth coming back to again and again. Take care, all!

CoffeeToast Right
Dentistfriend
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #2219 on: December 01, 2015, 09:43:54 PM »

I need to start that free hug thing Well, hello there!

Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 115
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic