Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1025542 Posts in 41094 Topics- by 32701 Members - Latest Member: eugenelab

July 22, 2014, 11:19:03 AM
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralHuman Hugs
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 134
Print
Author Topic: Human Hugs  (Read 171511 times)
ithamore
TIGSource Editor
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1755 on: March 22, 2013, 06:16:05 AM »

I had an ultrasound done on my liver yesterday. I figured it was going to be fatty and wasn't surprised when the Taiwanese doctor said there was something that looked like a tumor. He said it is most likely benign. He was also kind enough to show the difference between the darkness of my healthy kidneys flecked with points and tendrils of light vs. the dull brightness of my liver to give me a visual comparison.

This plus an X-ray of my left knee to make sure there were no cracks in my left knee cap to appease myself and those close to me that there was no bone damage caused by a stupid jump I made while traversing rocks and small boulders in a river with my daughter last Sunday outside of the Cat Village. Plus quick consultations from two doctors and a blood test that ended up showing I don't have hepatitis or diabetes. All of this cost less than $12 US, since I'm on the Taiwanese health care plan. So, there was at least some financial and situational silver lining to my last 2 medical visits.

I'm supposed to go in for a CT scan next week to pinpoint the tumor. Whether or not it is for a potential biopsy or surgery, I'm not too concerned with as long as it's OPT.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 09:14:53 PM by ithamore » Logged

Please help TimW, a longtime promoter of indie gaming everywhere and an old friend of TIGSource, to write about indie games full-time.
TomHunt
Level 2

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1756 on: March 22, 2013, 07:51:04 PM »

it's never fun to be reminded of your mortality like that before you are old. hugs.

Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1757 on: March 23, 2013, 03:57:35 PM »

I'm just wanker ... mother*loving* wanker.
I'm 16 old. When I was really young my father drink a lot, then from 6 to now my mother drink ( sometimes father too ... ) and I do my best but ... I just can't, can't do anything what could help or something. Now my father hit the walls argumenting with mum  (I hear that)and mother is crying ... 15 minuts ago we were eating the supper ( parents was drunk ... ) and they started name-calling each other and arguments ... and all that shit. I just standed and take father up ( he is smaller than me, but stronger) and telled him that he should sorry mother, then I told mother to too sorry father and take them to hug eachother, but that didn't work.
Now father yell at mother and I just sit in my room and listen music... It's not the first time, but today i just 'cracked' in myself ... and I just can stand with that.
Wanker. Piece of shiet.  
I just should left that all, vodka + random pills are nice alternative way Wink.

Don't let yourself be dragged down by your environment, you are still young and don't have to end up violent or unhappy like your family. Rather than getting into drugs or alcohol work diligently at increasing your skills and health, then in a few short years you will be a heroic man, one with a strong character who has come out of harsh situations stronger than before.
You might not be able to change how your family act, but that doesn't mean you are useless, it means you are trying to change the wrong people, you can change yourself, and go against the odds. Don't become bitter or resentful of your family, try to show them there is hope in life through who you become.
Some people play life on hard mode, don't give up

Quote from: Romans5: 3-5
3 We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. 4 And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation. 5 And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love.

Trystin
Level 4

Nyoom

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1758 on: April 04, 2013, 12:08:42 AM »

I'm just wanker ... mother*loving* wanker.
I'm 16 old. When I was really young my father drink a lot, then from 6 to now my mother drink ( sometimes father too ... ) and I do my best but ... I just can't, can't do anything what could help or something. Now my father hit the walls argumenting with mum  (I hear that)and mother is crying ... 15 minuts ago we were eating the supper ( parents was drunk ... ) and they started name-calling each other and arguments ... and all that shit. I just standed and take father up ( he is smaller than me, but stronger) and telled him that he should sorry mother, then I told mother to too sorry father and take them to hug eachother, but that didn't work.
Now father yell at mother and I just sit in my room and listen music... It's not the first time, but today i just 'cracked' in myself ... and I just can stand with that.
Wanker. Piece of shiet.  
I just should left that all, vodka + random pills are nice alternative way Wink.

Don't let what happens around you affect who you are. Stay away from becoming what your parents are doing and falling into taking drugs and alcohol all the time. Keep softly trying to resolve your parents arguments and just love them for who they are as well and it may bring the light of what their doing to the surface. Dont dislike who you are, its destructive thinking. You're young and able to change your circumstances and grow to be an awesome person.

Its sad to hear of your circumstances man, keep your chin up.

Evan McClane
Level 10

:I

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1759 on: April 15, 2013, 05:35:39 PM »

My heart goes out to all those affected by the bombings in Boston earlier today.

Trystin
Level 4

Nyoom

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1760 on: April 15, 2013, 07:59:57 PM »

My heart goes out to all those affected by the bombings in Boston earlier today.

Same here, makes me nervous how close war could be right now. We could wake up tomorrow and find part of America is gone. What happened in boston is terrible but who knows what else is to come?

Tanner
Level 10

~gene~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1761 on: April 15, 2013, 09:22:59 PM »

nah it's all good

C.A. Silbereisen
Schlagerstar
Global Moderator
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: April 18, 2013, 01:07:40 AM »

there are historians who claim the "war on terror" is already world war III (or world war IV, the cold war being the 3rd)

Gimym JIMBERT
Level 10

Feminism is back!

View Profile Email
« Reply #1763 on: April 19, 2013, 09:42:34 AM »

more like world war tv

ILLOGICAL, random guy on internet, do not trust (lelebĉcülo dum borobürükiss)
Mono
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: April 27, 2013, 04:17:39 PM »

i feel like shit after this nigh. like totally rejected. things fucking suck right now.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 04:45:37 PM by Mono » Logged

Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1765 on: April 27, 2013, 04:57:20 PM »

Anything specific happen?

If it's any consolation, even the coolest most super radical people out there have usually experienced major rejection at some point. Keep calm and find something to cheer you up.

Mono
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: April 28, 2013, 02:19:11 AM »

I was disappointed that it it went badly with a cute girl. Things are kind of shitty at home too. Of course things gets exaggerated when you're really drunk, which I was last night.

BLAMBO
Level 10

View Profile Email
« Reply #1767 on: May 01, 2013, 05:49:12 PM »

I'm allergic to my fucking allergy medication.

ithamore
TIGSource Editor
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1768 on: May 08, 2013, 01:09:01 AM »

Doctors sometimes don't ask the right questions. Ask your doc to quote the Hippocratic Oath.

Please help TimW, a longtime promoter of indie gaming everywhere and an old friend of TIGSource, to write about indie games full-time.
Trystin
Level 4

Nyoom

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1769 on: May 09, 2013, 04:23:20 PM »

If this is true i'm overwhelmed by the irony.

Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 134
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic