Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 08:15:17 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Hammers End (Indie MMORPG)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: The Hammers End (Indie MMORPG)  (Read 702 times)
Leafcrawl
TIGBaby

View Profile
« on: October 05, 2014, 01:28:21 PM »

Hello everyone! I recently came across an indie game called The Hammers End. It was released to the public in 2013 and has been improving eversince. I was wondering if anyone else has ever played this? I have been playing for a couple of months and I have really enjoyed it thus far. It is not your typical mainstream MMO that is for sure!

-Persistent game servers (no instances, even dungeons). The huge land is available to everyone at anytime.
-Old School inspired (open world PvE and PvP).
-100% original game engine created from sratch by the development team.
-Less than a 300 MB download and creating a free game account requires NO personal information.
-Unique artwork. Explore 2 seperate continents full of forests, lakes, mountains, meadows and desert.

I don't want to list too many things, but if you are looking for something fresh and more of a classic MMORPG experience, then I suggest giving this hidden game a try. Leveling to 50 is suprisingly fast and from there it has an endgame focus to further develop your character. It has a nice charm to it. I just think indie games like this should be more recognized. I can answer any questions you may have from a player perspective.  Thanks you guys and have a great day!  Beer!

Best Gameplay Video I could find:

The Hammers End: http://www.thehammersend.com/
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 01:52:17 PM by Leafcrawl » Logged
Gagz9k
Level 0

Part of LudunPactum

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2014, 05:27:21 PM »

It does look interesting, but the "classics MMO" are still to close to be eager to go back to them, just yet. Some of those classics are still online and alive, so, it's not like this game is resurrecting a long gone genre or anything.

Still, I might lost a couple hours in those forest sometime in the future.

lore
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2014, 07:40:34 AM »

Hi guys, this game seems really nice!!
Never tried an Indie MMORPG... but there is always a first time!!
Maybe I will give it a try!!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic