Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411413 Posts in 69360 Topics- by 58415 Members - Latest Member: sophi_26

April 16, 2024, 12:45:00 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingAtom's Eve - MMO MissileDefense
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Atom's Eve - MMO MissileDefense  (Read 615 times)
dynasty9
Level 0

Let's do this

View Profile WWW
« on: October 07, 2014, 08:21:10 AM »

Hello everyone,

We are new to the TIG community, and would like to share our first public build of a web-browser (Chrome) game we have been working on for the last week, Atom's Eve.

Atom's Eve is a massively multiplayer game where you compete against players and AI to survive and dominate in a nuclear Armageddon Cool. The player can build nukes and then launch Hand Any Key them at neighboring cities, gaining resources to upgrade defensive and offensive capabilities.

While our game is still an early prototype, it represents a decent horizontal slice of the features and mechanics we were aiming to develop. We would really like to get some feedback about what you find fun, boring or frustrating. In particular, we are requesting feedback about balancing to provide challenge to experienced players while at the same time making the game easily accessible to new ones.

Any feedback you would like to share would be much appreciated!

michaelplzno
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2014, 10:29:12 AM »

Hey dynasty9,

Interesting high level concept, but I have no clue what I'm doing when I launch this. I entered my name pretty easy, but then I didn't really know how to do anything. In game tutorial or video of a play-through would be helpful. 

Hand Fork LeftWink

porousnapkin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2014, 12:26:25 PM »

I didn't have too much trouble figuring out what I could and couldn't do, but I did have trouble trying to figure out why I should shoot one city over another. I think the goal was to hit the city with the highest population because the money I made was based on how many people I killed, but I couldn't figure out how to determine which city that was short of firing and seeing. What I ended up doing was just shooting at random different cities every time I had a nuke available.

This is an interesting idea. The idea of being a drop-in-drop-out competitive mulitplayer strategy game with players at different power levels is neat. Especially because it feels like the mechanics may encourage players to hit enemies who are ahead, rather then the new player with the low population. For me to find it more interesting, I'd love to see something about why I should attack one player over another that's dynamic. Hitting the strongest player is a good incentive, but I'd love it also if there was a light diplomatic layer where cities could make temporary alliances or something similar to boost both of them. It seems like you could make the game deeper by either increasing the base-building options or increasing the complexity of the interactions between players / AI, but since this is a multiplayer game I definitely think increasing interactions between players would be more interesting and exciting. I could see this developing into something very interesting. Hope your future development goes well!
PowerGirl
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2014, 08:13:37 AM »

it seems a very cool game  Smiley
jay-run
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2014, 02:08:07 AM »

The game is very cool but i have some suggestions :
-(I know that is your first build) I don't know why but when play and im looking to setup missile command on others city my browser freeze for some moments, after go OK but in that period of moments i am very frustrating...
-The concept is good, i remember risiko... so i know that is not the same , but i don't know why my mind allusion to it.
-Music is perfect for that type of game.
-Upgrading cities is a likely features that in my opinion will attract various types of players.
-In future updates IMO you could concentrate your efforts on improving graphics that represents cities in some way and fix freeze moments when i press button to setup point of extraction or missile aim.

Our game in development :
Powershine
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic