Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 02:13:21 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesGames To Revisit
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Games To Revisit  (Read 2222 times)
SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« on: October 09, 2014, 10:46:13 PM »

Hey, there. My post in the "What Are You Playing" thread got me thinking - there's a lot of games that people have already but that they wanna get around to trying / playing again. With that in mind, what games do you want to get around to playing again?

For me, I think I wanna try Mirror Moon and Anti-chamber again (prolly obvious from the WAYP thread).

Julien
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2014, 10:48:40 PM »

Again ? Diablo with the mod to get new classes

rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2014, 11:14:01 PM »

metroid prime 100%

fallout 3 too

Netsu
Level 10

proficient at just chillin'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2014, 12:29:22 AM »

Way too many games on my backlog to be trying the ones I already know.
Unless it's games that have new content added to them gradually over time, but I don't think that counts.

SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2014, 03:05:02 AM »

Recently I replayed Katamari Damacy after showing it to a friend who never played it before. It's just so easy to pick up and start playing through levels and not want to stop.

Generally I revisit games by playing them with people who have never seen them before. Rarely I might pick up a title to get 100% on it when I've never done that before, but lately I've made a habit of getting 100% before I stop playing a game anyway.

Otherwise, I'm like Netsu and tend to complete a game and move on to something new and not look back. There are just too many new experiences to see to let yourself get caught up in a comfortable past.
shinygerbil
Blew Blow (Loved It)
Level 10

GET off your horse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2014, 04:12:11 AM »

Think I want to play Dragon Age: Origins again, in anticipation of Inquisition. Even though I've completed it four times already at well over 40 hours each playthrough.

It's very rare that I will play a game through more than once. DA:O is probably the only game I've ever played through four times (except the Sonic games as a kid, but they're different.) I'm usually more interested in new experiences.

The same goes for books too - very few books have I read more than once. Though I'm currently re-reading Atlas Shrugged 0_0

olücæbelel
gmicek
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2014, 08:49:00 AM »

I'd say Fallout Vegas for a couple reasons.  I expected it to be very similar to Fallout 3, and when it wasn't I was thrown off; which led me to not enjoy or understand the first several hours quite as much.  The other reason is that even though I played hardcore mode the whole way through, the achievement didn't unlock at the end.  Color me disappointed.

Greg Micek
Cliqist.com - Crowdfunded Gaming
Twitter Facebook
Jondog
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2014, 09:57:53 AM »

I want to revisit the PS2 Ratchet & Clank games again, but this time in the HD collection on my PS3.

rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2014, 10:03:48 AM »

I want to revisit the PS2 Ratchet & Clank games again, but this time in the HD collection on my PS3.

i did that literally a month ago! except instead of "revisit" it was "play for the first time"

went through all eight games in a row without any experience with them.

they generally get better as they go on, which surprised me; the best of them is seven, for fuck's sake! the seventh entry! i'd have expected the series to lose steam after a while but damn

Müsta Klaki
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2014, 11:39:14 AM »

For 12 years I was wondering what a game from my childhood was.

Finally figured it out. Was Legend of Mana. Played it. It's awesome, but then I remembered there's one quest where the requirement is completely random, based on the time of day and month. And it's a story quest. Got to that point, couldn't progress, stopped playing.

I eventually got a new motherboard which wiped my PC, naturally. So the save file is gone. Good game though.

Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2014, 11:52:17 AM »

One game I revisited kinda recently is StarTropics. Really had a good time playing through that game again. It might have even been the first time I actually beat it from beginning to end.

The tile-hopping is really quite enjoyable. A "Link Between Worlds" revisit to the series would be fun.
DJFloppyFish
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2014, 12:10:12 PM »

I've been meaning to replay some of the handheld castlevanias, i remember dawn of sorrow being incredible
ThemsAllTook
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2014, 03:51:52 PM »

Sometimes I avoid doing this with games I really liked, out of worry that they'll have aged poorly and I won't enjoy them anymore. I revisited Final Fantasy VI a while back, and wasn't able to enjoy it much at all and it made me sad.

I'd really like to play GoldenEye 007 with a modern control scheme. I was messing around with emulators a little while ago trying to find something comfortable, but just couldn't get it right (if I set it up correctly for movement and looking, aiming was wrong, or vice versa). Is the PS3 remake any good?

unsilentwill
Level 9

O, the things left unsaid!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2014, 04:03:09 PM »

One game I revisited kinda recently is StarTropics. Really had a good time playing through that game again. It might have even been the first time I actually beat it from beginning to end.

The tile-hopping is really quite enjoyable. A "Link Between Worlds" revisit to the series would be fun.

Grin Hand Shake Right Hear hear! One of my first games. It's high quality, fun and mysterious, and quickly forgotten. I have my own ideas for a modern remake.

I feel the need to play Final Fantasy Tactics Advance again. Everyone seems to say the PS1 version is the best, which could be, but I enjoyed the portrayal of Ivalice and the plot and systems.

One-bit Punch
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2014, 07:40:18 PM »

I've just recently played Limbo again. To be honest I'm not really into puzzle-platformers, but I always admire its beautiful simplicity and was in the mood to soak up the heavy atmosphere.

yaomon17
Level 1

https://twitter.com/YaomonKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2014, 07:57:10 PM »

Metroid Zero Mission and Custom Robo. Might have to depend on emulation technology for those though.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2014, 02:19:02 AM »

goldeneye, for nostalgia reasons. i never actually had the game b/c my mom wouldn't allow games that were too violent, so i always just played it at friends' places and as a result, sucked rly badly at it.

i don't use emulators anymore so would probably try to track down a used copy and dig up my old n64.

Is the PS3 remake any good?

it's supposed to be pretty bad and (iirc) not really a remake either.
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2014, 06:06:41 AM »

I feel the need to play Final Fantasy Tactics Advance again. Everyone seems to say the PS1 version is the best, which could be, but I enjoyed the portrayal of Ivalice and the plot and systems.

I did this a couple of months ago and got addicted to it again. The plot is bad IMO, but the game pretty much starts away and it is greatly enjoyable.

For those interested on emulation, retroarch includes faily accurate emulation cores for many systems and interacts well with steam big picture and controllers for menu interaction.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2014, 01:31:15 PM »

tactics ogre is better than any final fantasy tactics gam imo (both story and mekanix)
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2014, 01:37:55 PM »

possibly yes, but i havent gotten far on neither of the ogre games

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic