Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411482 Posts in 69370 Topics- by 58426 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 01:29:34 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneraltelevision talky talk time
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Author Topic: television talky talk time  (Read 4570 times)
rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« on: October 09, 2014, 11:31:33 PM »

there's a tv thred (i looked)

but this is a thread because tv needs love too

anyway, talk television! what's everyone watching that's old, new, whatever.

i've been currently jumping between it's always sunny in philadelphia (old eps), modern family (old eps), and new girl (new eps) because i like watching television while working that i don't need to pay much attention to

sitcom power

sitcom

power

wbu all

Julien
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2014, 11:40:11 PM »

If I have no love for television, I guess I'm off topic ? (Don't know for guys, but in Belgium, there really isn't much interesting, I stopped watching it 15 years ago)
Anyway, this last show I really enjoyed was Battlestar Galactica

Blambo
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2014, 01:12:17 AM »

misfits was good for the first season and I'm on the second.its already going into hellish TV plotland
Netsu
Level 10

proficient at just chillin'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2014, 01:19:49 AM »

TV is horrible where I live, I stopped watching it some 8 years ago, now I'm just pirating the shows I want to watch...
My fiancee is into Downton Abbey as of late, it's like the highest production value soap opera ever made, but still a soap opera. Some interesting social interactions though as it takes place in an aristocratic estate in 1910s and 1920s.

Jondog
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2014, 01:34:47 AM »

I've actually watched quite a lot lately, finished S4 of The Walking Dead, watched season 9 of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and started watching season 4 of Game of Thrones.

Hopefully season 5 of The Walking Dead doesn't devolve into another farm/prison situation where the characters do barely anything.

Julien
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2014, 01:45:19 AM »

My fiancee is into Downton Abbey as of late

Ha. So is my wife. I sympathize

starsrift
Level 10

Apparently I am a ruiner of worlds. Ooops.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2014, 03:56:03 AM »

I recently watched The Walking Dead on the net flicks site.

I don't think I've ever seen a television show get progressively worse and worse. It started out so well. Then the third season started to suck with this completely implausible 'Governor' villain, and Season 4 was just pathetically bad until the very last few episodes.

3rd to 5th seasons are usually the best seasons in a show. The actors are hitting their stride, the writers are comfortable playing with the characters, the drama's not had to go to jump-the-shark moments to provoke the audience - but hell that was bad.

The premise is probably a little too shallow and simple to be a good tv series, I think. How many variations can you have on "we're being threatened by hordes of undead / starvation & elements / brigands and lawless folk" can you have?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 04:03:42 AM by starsrift » Logged

"Vigorous writing is concise." - William Strunk, Jr.
As is coding.

I take life with a grain of salt.
And a slice of lime, plus a shot of tequila.
Christian Knudsen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2014, 04:00:07 AM »

Everybody's always talking about all these amazing shows I have to watch, so I think I've just given up completely and aren't watching any of them. Probably also for fear of getting too caught up in them and suddenly wasting two hours a day watching shows.

Laserbrain Studios
Currently working on Hidden Asset (TIGSource DevLog)
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2014, 08:36:36 AM »

Yeah TWD, has gotten really bad. I greatly enjoyed season 1 and 2, but as said, it went downhill with a big bad introduction thats just a card carrying villain imo.  Season 4 seemed to promise a return t form but fuckl dammit, nothing fucking happened on it. The only interesting episode was carol and tyresse with the girls.

Müsta Klaki
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2014, 11:35:32 AM »

I haven't watched TV in over a year.

"What's on?"
Oh, reality show about mining gold #218.

"Anything else?"
Well, we've got this other reality show about a Pawn Shop.

Netflix is so much better, and anything that isn't on Netflix I can watch elsewhere online. No commercials and it's cheaper. I use my 46 inch as a computer monitor.

michaelplzno
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2014, 11:39:35 AM »

I agree with Mustaklaki, Pawn Stars is great. Also the South Park about Kickstarters was really good a few weeks ago.

TheLastBanana
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2014, 11:18:59 PM »

Did anybody watch the first season of The Strain? Pretty solid vampire show with genuinely creepy vampires, which is nice for a change.
Jondog
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2014, 07:58:00 PM »

I recently watched The Walking Dead on the net flicks site.

I don't think I've ever seen a television show get progressively worse and worse. It started out so well. Then the third season started to suck with this completely implausible 'Governor' villain, and Season 4 was just pathetically bad until the very last few episodes.

3rd to 5th seasons are usually the best seasons in a show. The actors are hitting their stride, the writers are comfortable playing with the characters, the drama's not had to go to jump-the-shark moments to provoke the audience - but hell that was bad.

The premise is probably a little too shallow and simple to be a good tv series, I think. How many variations can you have on "we're being threatened by hordes of undead / starvation & elements / brigands and lawless folk" can you have?

The Governor is a character from the comics, he's not nearly as brutal as he was there and a bunch of events never got transferred from that part.

What probably killed the show is that the main writer from the first season moved on and the budget for each episode was reduced.

starsrift
Level 10

Apparently I am a ruiner of worlds. Ooops.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2014, 05:20:01 AM »

The Governor is a character from the comics, he's not nearly as brutal as he was there and a bunch of events never got transferred from that part.

Oh, I know. The Governor from the comics sounds interesting. The Governor on TV who starts out by killing an army unit just to show the viewer that he's a villain, is laughable.

"Vigorous writing is concise." - William Strunk, Jr.
As is coding.

I take life with a grain of salt.
And a slice of lime, plus a shot of tequila.
Jondog
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2014, 05:33:04 AM »

Oh, I know. The Governor from the comics sounds interesting. The Governor on TV who starts out by killing an army unit just to show the viewer that he's a villain, is laughable.

Oh yeah I completely forgot about that. I think they also focused on The Governor a bit too much throughout season 3 & 4.

Anyway I've been watching more of Game of Thrones S4, I'm up to episode 6 and the next episode looks like it's going to be really interesting.

Müsta Klaki
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2014, 06:01:59 AM »

Anyway I've been watching more of Game of Thrones S4, I'm up to episode 6 and the next episode looks like it's going to be really interesting.

Hitler dies at the end

OH SORRY SPOILER ALERT

airman4
Level 10

Need More Time !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2014, 07:22:03 AM »

Did anybody watch the first season of The Strain? Pretty solid vampire show with genuinely creepy vampires, which is nice for a change.

The master was really laughable
The crew was , well kind of dumb (enjoyed the asian giant tough and the england lady tough)

I thought it was ok/bad , i'll give it a chance for the second season

I prefer by far , shows like good wife , the affair or Revenge/Homeland

Netsu
Level 10

proficient at just chillin'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2014, 08:12:03 AM »

Yeah TWD, has gotten really bad. I greatly enjoyed season 1 and 2, but as said, it went downhill with a big bad introduction thats just a card carrying villain imo.  Season 4 seemed to promise a return t form but fuckl dammit, nothing fucking happened on it. The only interesting episode was carol and tyresse with the girls.

I'm actually liking this show more and more. Season 1 and 2 were the ones I enjoyed least I think, and the opening of season 5 was pretty exciting.

rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2014, 08:19:55 AM »

walking dead is on season five already? cristo libre mi amore

a mighty sigh

Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2014, 08:23:22 AM »

Yeah it started yesterday, but couldnt watch it, will probably do during the week.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic