Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411476 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58424 Members - Latest Member: FlyingFreeStudios

April 23, 2024, 05:02:32 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneraltelevision talky talk time
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Author Topic: television talky talk time  (Read 4569 times)
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2014, 08:24:23 AM »

I'm actually liking this show more and more. Season 1 and 2 were the ones I enjoyed least I think, and the opening of season 5 was pretty exciting.

Honest question, but I am kind of curious what appelaed you in regards of season 4.

Fallsburg
Level 10

Fear the CircleCat

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2014, 09:12:28 AM »

The Good Wife is the best fictional tv show currently on the air, and its handling of the legalities of the modern tech industry is probably the best of any tv show on the air.
Netsu
Level 10

proficient at just chillin'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2014, 02:44:53 AM »

I'm actually liking this show more and more. Season 1 and 2 were the ones I enjoyed least I think, and the opening of season 5 was pretty exciting.

Honest question, but I am kind of curious what appelaed you in regards of season 4.

The first half wasn't very good, especially considering how absurd the governor's actions became. But after the split things got more interesting on all fronts. Rick going through a crisis, Tyreese and Carol struggling with the girls, each other and the urge to settle (I liked how things got resolved there), Daryl bonding with Beth and then joining this group held together by a combination of a code and brute force. And even though I had my suspicions I was still curious to see what Terminus will turn out to be.

jolene
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2014, 06:38:26 AM »

also i was like technically hatewatching it but transparent is actually rly good and handles trans stuff well despite the fucked up casting so watch it i guess??
rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2014, 06:48:23 AM »

i gotta watch that (i've wanted to even before actual trans people i know were in support of it mostly because jeffery tambor, despite his casting being a weird note, is one of my favorite actors) but also that requires amazon prime so i'm gonna have to mooch off of someone else or find another way

i honestly can not stand the amazon interface set up for anything besides general shopping. it's unintuitive and gross. too small, too ugly, too cluttered, terrible. the worst user interface of a major website that exists today. no exaggeration. anything is better.

jolene
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2014, 08:01:09 AM »

i just watched this trans documentary thing by laura (against me). apparently 4 episodes and then more later. no subscription required http://on.aol.com/show/518250660-true-trans/518451031
Müsta Klaki
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2014, 10:13:09 AM »

The newest episode of The Walking Dead was actually very very good. It seems they learned from their mistakes...

Spoiler: The whole Terminus thing was over in one episode. Which is good. I wouldn't want a whole season dedicated to watching their escape attempts half of the time, with the other half taking place with Carol and Tyreese just wandering around aimlessly following the Terminus signs.

Jondog
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2014, 05:54:11 AM »

So I finished season 4 of Game of Thrones and now I discovered that I have to wait until April next year for new episodes. I might end up reading the books because the TV series has me hooked pretty well.

saturdaymorning
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2014, 01:52:34 AM »

I started rewatching Party Down. It's a comedy about 20 somethings working a catering job while they talk about becoming actors, comedians, or Soup or Cracker franchise owners. What makes it great though is how sad all the characters actually are because they aren't making much progress. There's some good buddy interaction too. Check it out.
saturdaymorning
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2014, 01:54:42 AM »

#killcarlalready
Jondog
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2014, 07:57:51 AM »

I don't know why I watch Agents of Shield, it feels like the characters say and do wacky things because otherwise the show would be too serious.

rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2014, 08:58:59 AM »

i finally saw last season's bob's burgers finale and holy shit what a wonderful forty minutes that is. it's legitimately one of the best bits of television that happened all year.

also one of the best bits: new girl's 'background check.' a sublime episode with zero moments wasted. watching it feels like a cup of coffee

Dragonmaw
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2014, 09:51:51 PM »

columbo is my current jam. love peter falk
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2014, 10:55:24 PM »

who watches tv in 2014

i have a tv set for games and i get free antenna cable tv in my apartment but i've plugged the cable out and hidden it so that no guests accidentally turn the tv on to watch tv

Netsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2014, 11:31:39 PM »

Yeah, there's a tv-receiver tax in my country so no way in hell I'm getting one if there is absolutely nothing on Polish tv that I'd watch.

Dragonmaw
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2014, 11:49:25 PM »

i just use netflix but that's american privilege
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2014, 12:07:05 AM »

Yeah, there's a tv-receiver tax in my country so no way in hell I'm getting one if there is absolutely nothing on Polish tv that I'd watch.
in sweden you have to pay it just for owning a television set even if you don't watch tv on it

there was some bullshit about having to pay it even just because you COULD POTENTIALLY watch tv online on the channels' websites wtf was that what happened to that is that still true or was it overruled

i just use netflix but that's american privilege
no i use it too

rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2014, 12:08:47 AM »

i literally either use netflix or pirate 100% of my tv

Netsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2014, 12:42:36 AM »

in sweden you have to pay it just for owning a television set even if you don't watch tv on it

there was some bullshit about having to pay it even just because you COULD POTENTIALLY watch tv online on the channels' websites wtf was that what happened to that is that still true or was it overruled

Yeah it's per TV receiver over here, so if your TV can't receive national television (no antenna) you should be ok. That's what I assume at least, because I do have a TV screen plugged to my PC, just no antenna.

How about the amazing idea (still being discussed) that everyone in Poland should pay 'piracy taxes' because people download music and movies from the internet? Can you beat that?

rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2014, 02:10:47 AM »

they should legalize piracy, then

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic