Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 11:35:07 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneraltelevision talky talk time
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Author Topic: television talky talk time  (Read 4566 times)
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2014, 03:21:24 AM »

Yeah, there's a tv-receiver tax in my country so no way in hell I'm getting one if there is absolutely nothing on Polish tv that I'd watch.
in sweden you have to pay it just for owning a television set even if you don't watch tv on it

there was some bullshit about having to pay it even just because you COULD POTENTIALLY watch tv online on the channels' websites wtf was that what happened to that is that still true or was it overruled
prinsessa ur dum
It's not a tax it's a fee (it's public service not state run TV) and the digital potential receiver thing was overruled and if you paid money for that you can demand it back
also you don't need to pay it for having a TV if it's not hooked up to a receiver
also unless you're some kind of poor person you kind of should pay it like a good folkhemsmedborgare cuz public service TV is important!

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2014, 05:50:19 AM »

ur right im dum i mixed it up

whatever the reason it means i have to pay money for something i dont use anyway

no tv sucks

but i do pay it because i dont care

Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2014, 07:09:40 AM »

ur right im dum i mixed it up

whatever the reason it means i have to pay money for something i dont use anyway
you're not in school you don't have kids in school why should you pay for public education etc
if not out of altruism and solidarity then maybe because you don't want to live somewhere where everyone is stupid
you gotta look at how enabling others benefits you even from a purely egoistical standpoint

like imagine if all radio stations were mix megapol and all TV was TV3 and Kanal 5

shit I'd hate to be alive, not because I wouldn't have quality radio and TV but because that'd breed a really dumb society and everyone including me would be really dumb

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
Jondog
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2014, 11:19:38 PM »

Brooklyn Nine Nine is a pretty decent cop comedy show, this is probably one of my favourite scenes

RZRBLaDE
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2014, 10:38:33 AM »

Currently watching American Horror Story 4 and Constantine.

I like they kept Constantine as a Scouser, it reminds me of an Adult Buffy at the moment, it could do with being a bit darker, maybe I'm just spoiled with Hannibal.

Indie Dev of Blox and The Guessing Game.
Praying Mantis
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2014, 06:27:09 PM »

Recently I've just finished watching Look Around You, a british satire of old educational science videos and 90's TV. I find the humour to be just a bit too wacky, but when it works, it works really well.

from the second season.
Manuel Magalhães
Forum Dungeon Master
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2014, 05:22:01 PM »

I wish I could use Netflix, but the only way to do this where I live is using a proxy, and I don't feel comfortable doing this in a subscription-based service. Sad

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 13, 2014, 05:28:55 PM »

netflix does exist in my country but the library is kinda pathetic which is why i dont have an account and just buy shit on dvd. i wish the film industry would globalize their releases more. Sad

Jondog
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: December 13, 2014, 08:18:03 PM »

We have a netflix alternative here in the form of quickflix, the library is abysmal and the video quality is really poor, thankfully I got to try it out on a free trial and didn't have to pay to find that out.

Netsu
Level 10

proficient at just chillin'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: December 18, 2014, 10:49:43 AM »

Orange Is the New Black is pretty cool, I really enjoy the acting, especially the main character.

gunswordfist
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2014, 04:07:43 PM »

is the strain any good?

Indie games I have purchased:
Spelunky
Shoot 1UP
MeshGearFox
Level 9

When you have no one, no one can hurt you.

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 20, 2014, 05:07:27 PM »

DO THEY ALLOW PENISES ON CABLE

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 26, 2014, 09:10:35 AM »

i am watching downton abbey on netflix with furlgriend almost done with season two or three or something

EdFarage
Level 2

I can upload avatars

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 26, 2014, 08:09:57 PM »

DO THEY ALLOW PENISES ON CABLE
yes
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: December 29, 2014, 02:02:01 PM »

i friggin' love tv. tv is the best. i study tv writing. tv last year/this year is my favorite tv in a while.
why:
dramas:
-breaking bad went out on top. probably the best sustained quality of show ever.
-true detective was really good and came out of nowhere, even if it kind of collapsed in on itself a little bit at the end
-orphan black is bringing back pulpy sci-fi in the best way, and has some of the best acting on tv. how tatiana maslany has not been nominated for an emmy is mindboggling. i legitimately forget that the clones are all played by the same person sometimes.
-mad men is still fantastic
-fargo is *so good* when it should have been *soooooo bad*. what the heck. better than the movie sometimes, even.
-hannibal is also a really good adaptation, but it isn't as surprising when bryan fuller is the showrunner. what a cool dude. i have no idea how they get away with showing some of the murders on network television, but it's probably because nbc shows it on friday nights when no one watches tv anyway.

comedy:
-bob's burgers continues to nail the animated sitcom. probably the best family dynamic of any sitcom, animated or otherwise. reminds me of the best parts of king of the hill, home movies and seasons 1-9 simpsons combined.
-rick and morty is one of the most brilliantly written comedies i've seen in a long time. there's a goof in the council of ricks episode that blew me away. it's really good at taking jokes a lesser show would just poop out and move on to the next one and instead dissecting the poop and somehow rearranging it into a monet.
-silicon valley really hit its stride by the finale and has maybe the greatest dick joke of all time.
-nathan for you is a reality show where this total weenie of a guy goes and tries to make real-life small businesses more successful with really dumb publicity stunts. what's so great about it is that it shows just how far people will go along with things when they're on tv. nathan is probably the closest thing to andy kaufman we'll ever get. if you heard about "dumb starbucks" earlier this year, that was him (and the episode dedicated to it is incredible).
-i kind of consider review to be the sister show to nathan for you (they have the same production company, even). review is a scripted show in the format of a fake reality show where a real weenie of a guy reviews different aspects of life that are suggested by viewers and gives them a rating from 1/2-5 stars. but they're things like drugs, eating 15 pancakes, and being batman (the pancakes episode is my pick for best episode of tv of the year. if you watch the show (it's on amazon prime streaming), make sure you watch through that episode) but he commits himself fully to every review and you watch him destroy his life. the first couple of episodes are written to make you think that each episode is standalone, but it slowly fleshes out forrest and his world. best worldbuilding on tv 2014.

god, tv owns so hard. tv is the best.

Manuel Magalhães
Forum Dungeon Master
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: December 29, 2014, 05:47:49 PM »

I'm unfortunately not catching up with TV shows as much I would like to, there're tons of shows in this thread that I'd like to watch. Sometimes I catch some episodes of Kitchen Nightmares. I like both the US and the UK versions because Gordon Ramsay is in both, which makes them both great. However, I do prefer the UK version—the US version has a lot of dramatic cuts and music that end up cheesy rather than genuine.
I also see some The Big Bang Theory episodes. Far from my favorite show, but I enjoy it. The first episodes were kinda meh, but then it gets better (although they say it goes downhill in the next seasons, but the TV channel where I see them keeps cycling the series, so I don't know how and when exactly it gets worse)
I used to see Suits and it was great, but then I missed a ton of episodes, so I probably got to start over. Sad

EdFarage
Level 2

I can upload avatars

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 29, 2014, 05:51:29 PM »

i like that show where they get like 10 ppl from all over the world and make them fight to death, the last one alive wins
MeshGearFox
Level 9

When you have no one, no one can hurt you.

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 29, 2014, 10:01:40 PM »

i like that show where they get like 10 ppl from all over the world and make them fight to death, the last one alive wins

You mean this one? Evil Evil Evil Evil

Netsu
Level 10

proficient at just chillin'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: December 30, 2014, 12:28:04 AM »

Just watched first episode of Fargo and oh my god how can they possibly keep that up? It's like the whole series explodes right off the bat. It was great though, really curious about it.
Never seen the movie.

Zimra
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 30, 2014, 01:36:26 AM »

Reading the comments I definitely have to watch Fargo !

The first seasons of Misfits and Better Off Ted were awesome, I'm denying there was more than one season though.
I like Orphan Black (amazing actress), Orange is the new black, Peaky Blinders(a 1920's mafia story set in England).
In the Flesh is really good too (post-zombie epidemic world, where zombies can be partially treated and are back in their families).

Oooh and Black Mirror !!! it's a slightly twilight-zonish anticipation serie (all episodes are independent and mostly brilliant stories).

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic