Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411278 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 12:58:06 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingLearn Spanish words with Gato
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Learn Spanish words with Gato  (Read 1054 times)
lidenanna
Level 0

View Profile
« on: October 11, 2014, 11:15:59 AM »

Hi my name is Anna Liden and this is my first post in this forum. I'm a librarian in a small school in Sweden. My main interest is to create educational games. I create everything myself, program, music, sound effects and artwork. My strong side is programming. Music, sound effects and artwork is not my strong point, and if you feel that you could help me with that you are welcome to contact me. I am willing to exchange my work for your work  Grin.

My first iPhone app which I've just released is called "Learn Spanish Words with Gato". I've tried to design it to be simple, quick to use, and makes it possible to learn many words . The app teaches you the words in so many ways and from so many angles that you will remember the words, because they will stick to your long term memory.

You can download the app for free at https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/learn-spanish-words-with-gato/id931275005?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D46

There is also a 2 min video on YouTube at

A small help site for the app can be found at http://lidenanna.com/spanish/2

Love to hear any comments. If you review my app, I can review your app and give you some constructive ideas Smiley

Thanks
Anna Liden

« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 04:54:14 AM by lidenanna » Logged
PowerGirl
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 08:22:00 AM »

Hello!

I saw the youtube video: it seems a really nice application!
And also useful to know the basic world.. also for kids! Smiley
lidenanna
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2014, 06:38:51 AM »

Thank you PowerGirl! How nice with some feedback  Grin
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 07:14:12 AM »

It seems pretty neat, but it would be so much better if you or someone else took the time to record all the words pronounced instead of using a voice synthesiser.

lidenanna
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2014, 05:25:16 AM »

Thank you Princessa  Grin.  I agree with you that real voice would sound better, although I have been surprised with how good the synthesized voice sounds. I am also thinking about providing whole phrases (as well as words) for practice. Maybe even small conversations that you could practice the words that you have learned so far.

Anna
lidenanna
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2014, 08:50:44 AM »

I have also added one version for Learning Swedish with Gato. Here are 10 promo codes.

NPR9K3K3FMFA
4TNXX7W4TLW9
AFMK4LR9HFY7
T6E4ERKLPKPL
JAP97PH4M36T
WRYYPN4LY3P4
7WERRWPNNHRK
YEYTKHM4HM3X
LXNM6TLXX77H
MNWX9PHEAPFY

You can find the app at <a href="https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/learn-swedish-words-with-gato/id936250458?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D4">Swedish Words Pack 1</a>
ID2Games
Level 0

ID2 Games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2014, 12:17:29 PM »

I think the basis is a really good idea to concentrate on the actual words.  The UI looks a little raw and I'm sure a design could add some nice effects whilst still keeping as simple an uncluttered as possible.  Potentially adding objects (although a lot more overhead) could also enrich the UI).  Plus the concept of sentence building could be very useful.

Good luck
Watapax
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2014, 02:46:19 PM »

Hola Anna.

I cant download the app because i don't own an iphone, but i saw the video, and i think that your app is lack of images or icons that users can recognize and remember the words. And in the other hand, am from Chile and my mother language is Spanish, so when i listen that synthesize voice i just LOL, so try to record a voice that actually speak spanish, because there are some pronunciation detail to care about, for example the double r in "perro" (dog). 
lidenanna
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2014, 10:28:08 AM »

Hola Watapax,

I really appreciate that you took time to look at the app and give me some ideas  Smiley. You are correct in your analysis, using native speaker and making images for every word would make the app better. But it's a lot of work. In the game I use 1500 words and to make so many images is beyond my capacity. Also I do not want to engage a native speaker until I see that there is a demand for the app. If many people start to use the app then I will engage a native speaker for sure.  And maybe also some artist to make the images Grin

Thanks again
Anna
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic