Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411431 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 20, 2024, 03:36:15 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsLooking for Level Designer and/or 2D artist for mobile game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Looking for Level Designer and/or 2D artist for mobile game  (Read 471 times)
kheldorin
TIGBaby

View Profile
« on: October 12, 2014, 03:27:07 PM »

Hi, I'm a programmer looking for a partner for my current project and possible any future projects. My goal is to release games within ~4 months with comparable quality to what's on the market; so no "ambitious make the best possible game with no timeframe" type of games. To start off with, I created a simple endless platformer with slicing mechanics. It's made primarily for mobile platforms.

I'd definitely be able to finish the game solo but the game would definitely benefit from having an additional person with different skillets.

If you're a Game/Level Designer

• An endless platformer, unlike a puzzle platformer doesn't really require extremely unique levels which is why I started off with that genre but it'd still definitely benefit from having well-designed levels. Since the levels are going to be repeated, there needs to be a substantial amount of them and it'd be great if there are random/procedural elements added for each level to increase replayability.
  • Quest System - Instead of just trying to get further than before, these provide additional objectives for the player to complete. The basic version would be a simple stat-tracking for actions done in-game.
  • Levelling System - Besides cosmetics, the player should be able to spend the currency they earn to unlock new abilities or upgrade their character. The abilities should still fit the theme of the game and not deviate from the core gameplay
  • Juice -

Compensation would be rev-share.

If you're a Game Artist

There are 2 parts. The first part is what I'm looking for right now. It's the stuff that requires co-ordination between the programmer and the artist so it's more technical.

• Asset pipeline - Figure out what types of assets is needed. e.g. skeletal animation or sprite animation
  • Concept Art - Figure out how things programatically rendered should look like to fit the style of the game. For example, the water in the game is renderered programatically so I'll have to try to code something that would match the water concept art.
  • Experimental Shader Effects - Certain shader effects require artistic input. So let's say we think it'd be great to distort the pixels when performing a slice. So I'll have to create the distortion shader while you create the distortion texture. It's a kind of investigative, experimental work.

Compensation would be rev-share.

The second part is the "give me an asset list and I'll draw it" phase. It'll be paid. The project is not currently in that stage yet but ideally if I can find an artist that can do both parts it'd be great. The art style I have in mind is a steam-punked theme, outlined paper-cut out style.  Example 1. Example 2. Example 3.

The reason why the other roles are rev-share is because I want to spend most of the budget on assets that I'll actually use in-game.

Contact

You can pm me or mail me at [email protected] for any enquiries. I'm from Singapore so my timezone is +8 GMT if that's a concern. Thanks!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic