Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 07:40:33 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsProgrammer looking for collaboration for fun
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Programmer looking for collaboration for fun  (Read 485 times)
CursedSmilodon
Level 0

View Profile
« on: October 15, 2014, 07:05:13 PM »

Hey everyone, programmer here (C++, C#, Java, GML) with several years of experience under my belt, and I have a dilemma.

I want to make a game, but have no idea what I even want to make, nor do I want to do it alone. I'm looking for anyone (programmers, artists, whatever) whom might be interested in collaborating to make a game completely from scratch (I'd prefer not to use Unity or Game maker, but we could work with it if the situation demands it)

This will not be paid, nor will the game be for profit, just something for fun. If anyone is interested, feel free to PM me and I'll get back to you.

Some ideas I've been tossing around

- A city simulation game that goes from pre-history to the future, where researching technology is a word association puzzle (eg. mixing "artificial light" and "glass" would yield laser) and resource acquisition is almost entirely dependent on hiring third parties to gather them (hiring an oil company to establish a refinery)

- Dystopian secret police simulation (simulation being used very loosely) where the player is told to take down criminals, but to do so discretely so as to not draw attention. (Maybe coop mode?)

- A multiplayer game where players are tasked with resolving a random international crisis with the resources they have on hand, the catch being that each player is assigned an agenda that they must fulfill. Some items on the agenda score higher than others, and after several rounds, the crisis ends. If the crisis is averted, the player with the most agenda points wins, while if war breaks out due to an unresolved crisis, nobody wins.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic