Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411426 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 10:28:37 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralSelf-absorbed gamedev
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Self-absorbed gamedev  (Read 550 times)
tjcbs
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« on: October 16, 2014, 02:26:17 PM »

I've been working on my first game for a long time now. It has gradually come to occupy the center stage of my life. More often than not, it is what I think about going to sleep. It is my baby. And like other dads I guess, I am continually shocked that others don't share my complete, devoted fascination for it. My friends are entirely sick of it. But for me, there can be no better topic. "Hey, look! look! look what i just did...". I might introduce someone to it, and they'll play it and be into it, then the next day they'll be on to the next thing. "But... but... you didn't do this! you didn't see that! how can you just walk away from... my baby!!!"

Can you relate? Or am I just a flaming game-narcissist?

airman4
Level 10

Need More Time !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2014, 02:59:38 PM »

I've been working on my first game for a long time now. It has gradually come to occupy the center stage of my life. More often than not, it is what I think about going to sleep. It is my baby. And like other dads I guess, I am continually shocked that others don't share my complete, devoted fascination for it. My friends are entirely sick of it. But for me, there can be no better topic. "Hey, look! look! look what i just did...". I might introduce someone to it, and they'll play it and be into it, then the next day they'll be on to the next thing. "But... but... you didn't do this! you didn't see that! how can you just walk away from... my baby!!!"

Can you relate? Or am I just a flaming game-narcissist?

well that's normal
pray that your game get international celebrity and you'll have it

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic