Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411511 Posts in 69375 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 01:54:00 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)3d renders for background
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: 3d renders for background  (Read 1010 times)
sheep herd
« on: October 17, 2014, 01:00:44 AM »

I want to use 3d renders for the background of my game. I'm not well versed in 3d modelling but it will essentially just be cubes and cuboids. I am wondering what software would best to use for this. I was thinking of using sketchup with a render plugin because I have some experience with it and its super easy but wonder if blender (which I have a tiny bit of experience with) or something else would be infinitely better (bearing in mind I don't want to have to spend a long time learning anything and that I'm mostly modelling simple buildings).

As well as this I will need to flatten the field of view and wonder if something like sketchup would even have this capability.

Thanks.
Muffinhat
Level 0

COVERED IN BEES HELP

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2014, 12:42:09 PM »

Blender is the almighty deity of free modeling software. I would recommend looking at tutorials for it (it really doesn't have a steep learning curve).
RyanB
Level 0

FIRE + SKULLS = AWESOME

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 05:08:05 AM »

I want to use 3d renders for the background of my game. I'm not well versed in 3d modelling but it will essentially just be cubes and cuboids. I am wondering what software would best to use for this. I was thinking of using sketchup with a render plugin because I have some experience with it and its super easy but wonder if blender (which I have a tiny bit of experience with) or something else would be infinitely better (bearing in mind I don't want to have to spend a long time learning anything and that I'm mostly modelling simple buildings).

As well as this I will need to flatten the field of view and wonder if something like sketchup would even have this capability.

Thanks.

Blender has a steep learning curve.  It's very powerful but does everything differently than other 3D software.  It does have excellent modelling tools but you won't be using them.

If "flatten" means you want to use an isometric view, you are maybe better off just doing everything in 2D.

lore
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 08:35:09 AM »

Use blender is best solution
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic