Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411428 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 02:35:39 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogs►Symbol Smash◄ (A free online MP card game)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: ►Symbol Smash◄ (A free online MP card game)  (Read 944 times)
_bm
Level 2

i'm so confused

View Profile WWW
« on: October 18, 2014, 08:27:52 AM »

Symbol smash is an online competitive card game in which you draw cards with the goal of killing off the other players' heroes. It's pretty easy to learn but has a lot of strategy. It was originally made as a physical card game for a game design class of mine, so I know exactly how fun it is playing with physical cards! (It's very, very fun)

Features:
• Play locally, on LAN, or online!
• For Mac and Windows! (Linux too if needed)
• Host your own online server. (Requires port forwarding port 25598)
• Browse the server list to find online servers.
• Play with up to three other players. (Maybe more?)
• All cards are ASCII characters!
• Music by Battery-Powered Predator.

I will post a download link up here soon for testing. (Right now the game is only networking, there's no actual gameplay yet)  Giggle

Link to the physical card game rules (slightly inaccurate ATM)

Screenshots:

_bm
Level 2

i'm so confused

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2014, 01:12:20 PM »

+ Turns (the player turn goes down the list, and progresses when the player whose turn it is disconnects).
+ Symbols for card types such as Melee Weapon, Dud, Barrier, Shield Barrier, Instant, etc.

_bm
Level 2

i'm so confused

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 07:40:42 AM »

+ Added logic for Melee Weapon cards. These cards do damage to another player's hero you choose. Each hero starts with 2 HP, some of the melee cards do 1 damage and others 2. A special melee card called the "Plank w/ Nail Stuck In" does 1 damage, but useless against shield barriers.

+ Fixed bugs including problems with restarting a server. (The wrong ports were being ended, causing issues with server restart)

_bm
Level 2

i'm so confused

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 07:13:45 PM »

+ Added logic for barriers and exc barriers. Barriers go on top of heroes, they prevent certain attacks. Exc Barriers are barriers that can only be played on heroes that have no current barriers, and after the exc barrier is placed no more barriers can be placed on it.

+ Added logic for Ranged Weapon cards. These work like melee, but can destroy door.

+ Added logic for Shield cards. These, when the hero of which they are on top of is attacked, have a chance to either block one damage or be destroyed while absorbing the damage. For example, a weapon dealing 2 damage might hit a shield, randomly 1 damage is absorbed and the next 1 damage breaks the shield, ending the attack. Cheesy

_bm
Level 2

i'm so confused

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2014, 08:59:23 AM »

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic