Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411476 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58424 Members - Latest Member: FlyingFreeStudios

April 23, 2024, 04:50:43 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsB-GamesACCELEMATRIX [finished]
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: ACCELEMATRIX [finished]  (Read 33485 times)
SamanthaZero
Level 0

Subdivisional

View Profile WWW
« on: August 18, 2007, 08:18:29 PM »

Hi everyone.  I'd like to announce my entry into the contest, ACCELEMATRIX.  Marketing ploy follows (with just a little bit of engrish):

Are you ready to accelerate into all matter?  Then step into the chamber of the ACCELEMATRIX, the new mind-breaking interactive experience by Studio Organik.

You think you have felt speed?  Velocity?  Acceleration?  You are wrong.  You have only been pushing yourself along from on top of toy tonka trucks.  ACCELEMATRIX is real speed thrillIng.

Prepare to step into a world of pure, intense matter of light.  No rules apply here without bending.  There is such intensity that all hope is lost for sanity thinking.  This world is action-packed like you have never imagined possible in life.

1, 2, 4 step into the ring?  One will emerge victorious and one only.  Use powers of light speed to destroy all competition.

Mature, state of the art physics provided by Ageia PhysX provides honest feeling of shaking speed power.

Control your army of combatants to engage in visceral combat like never heard of.  Sacrifice your armies for the greater cause if need be!  Fight for control of the ACCELEMATRIX and crush the world with power!

Negotiate deadly, unpredictable obstacles or else feel the wrath of the dynamic environment!

Safeguard your city and protect the citizens at all costs.  Create and destroy alliances with opponents to provide an additional layer of sneaking and suspicion.

Fly across the galaxy in search of the ACCELEMATRIX to become savior and master of the Universe!

KEY FEATURES:
  • True rush of speed thrill
  • Feel intensity of speed rush based combat
  • Explosive collision-based destruction conflict
  • Blazing fast 200fps+ and above
  • State of the art Ageia PhysX physics engine powering feel of speeding
  • 30+ levels of pulse pounding action
  • Strategic offensive and defensive gameplay tactics
  • Amazing party fun for 1, 2, or 4 players
  • Customized, professional sound fx for optimal audible experience

ACCELEMATRIX is currently in beta testing after an intense 8 hours of production!  I hope it will be a top contender for walking home with the B-Game winning award!  I hope you all enjoy it!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 03:16:08 AM by Derek » Logged
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2007, 09:47:35 PM »

Blazing fast 200fps+ and above

That's over twice the fps's of Unreal Tournament 3!  I must own?! Shocked
raincoatduck
Level 0

I hate your quirky alt-country band

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2007, 11:42:05 PM »

What if I have a party and three people want to play.  Cry
SamanthaZero
Level 0

Subdivisional

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2007, 09:27:35 AM »

That's over twice the fps's of Unreal Tournament 3!  I must own?! Shocked

Indeed, ACCELEMATRIX features intense velocity and collisioning that Unreal Tournament 3 is simply incapable of!  While Unreal Tournament 3 is bogged down by texture memory consumption, HDR lighting, positional surround sound, and animation calculations, the frame rate of ACCELEMATRIX is not hindered by these features!

What if I have a party and three people want to play.  Cry

I am sorry sir, do not cry!  The four player mode would be perfectly adequate for three players!  The game balancing and tuning of ACCELEMATRIX four-player mode was performed with any variable number of players in mind, even up to 8 if you prefer!  There will be such passion and intensity from the players to command their galaxy of ACCELEMATRIXes that the competition of which players will control their game is another layer of depth added to the overall ACCELEMATRIX experience.  It is visceral emotion like no other!
Average Higgins
Level 1

Huh? What?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2007, 09:38:35 AM »

KEY FEATURES:
  • True rush of speed thrill
  • Feel intensity of speed rush based combat
  • Explosive collision-based destruction conflict
  • Blazing fast 200fps+ and above
  • State of the art Ageia PhysX physics engine powering feel of speeding
  • 30+ levels of pulse pounding action
  • Strategic offensive and defensive gameplay tactics
  • Amazing party fun for 1, 2, or 4 players
  • Customized, professional sound fx for optimal audible experience

I sure hope you're bullshitting your game's features as much as I am because otherwise this game is going to rule ultimate. Which is good in a general sense but bad in the sense that I'm going to lose (this competition)!
SamanthaZero
Level 0

Subdivisional

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2007, 09:50:45 AM »

Admittedly, poop is a very tough competitor in the world of independent game development.  However, with that said I cannot say that the key features of ACCELEMATRIX are fibbed.  It will be intense gameplay like never before.  Protecting your ACCELEMATRIX and destroying the forbidden demons who aim to steal it will evoke a feeling of strength in you like a real man.

We have used the full knowledge of a single Psychology 103 student to center the core of the experience around this subconscious emotion.  We promise that you have never played a game like ACCELEMATRIX before!
ravuya
Level 7

Yip yip yip yip yip

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2007, 10:25:24 AM »

Why isn't it an MMO? Sad

SamanthaZero
Level 0

Subdivisional

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2007, 09:33:13 PM »

Why isn't it an MMO? Sad

Maybe for version 2!

I am pleased to share the first ever screenshot of ACCELEMATRIX!  As you can see, there is visual fidelity of all kinds present in the screenshot.  I hope the feeling of speed evoked by the colors and shapes will make your mouth water for more ACCELEMATRIX!

Average Higgins
Level 1

Huh? What?

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2007, 09:50:46 PM »

I hope the feeling of speed evoked by the colors and shapes will make your mouth water for more ACCELEMATRIX!

Fuck yes!
raincoatduck
Level 0

I hate your quirky alt-country band

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2007, 12:39:10 AM »

Accelatastic!
shinygerbil
Blew Blow (Loved It)
Level 10

GET off your horse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2007, 12:48:06 AM »

I like!

olücæbelel
SamanthaZero
Level 0

Subdivisional

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2007, 03:42:26 PM »

Thank you all for your support!
Note: screenshots provided are work-in-progress and may not be indicative of final game
SamanthaZero
Level 0

Subdivisional

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2007, 06:37:35 PM »

Hello everyone!  I am very pleased to announce that ACCELEMATRIX is finished and ready to be entered into the contest!  Nearly a dozen hours of sweat, blood, and tears were poured into the 245 lines of code that make up ACCELEMATRIX.  But even after all that, I think you will all be pleased with it.

You can download ACCELEMATRIX here:
Download for Windows XP or Vista
Download for Mac OS X

Please post your thoughts and impressions of the game!
Average Higgins
Level 1

Huh? What?

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2007, 07:05:06 PM »

Hot damn! This game is actually really really awesome! I wanted to say something sarcastic in this post but honestly I couldn't think of anything!
Also, I fucking "lol'd" at the music! I couldn't stop laughing for like five minutes!
handCraftedRadio
The Ultimate Samurai
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2007, 08:12:26 PM »

Wow! This game is really fun! I like the music and the feel of the game is awesome! It would be awesome if you could add some simple ai into the game so you don't have to have two people to play. Great job!

ravuya
Level 7

Yip yip yip yip yip

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2007, 08:20:53 PM »

This seems like it would be awesome if I were drunk.

Kudos for the Mac version, you rock.

Headmade
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2007, 09:14:45 PM »

Awesome game, really! The music's great!
But has anyone found the hidden 3D mode yet? I tried all sorts of key combos but it didn't work.
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2007, 09:44:23 PM »

I feel the speeding!

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
shinygerbil
Blew Blow (Loved It)
Level 10

GET off your horse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2007, 10:37:47 AM »

Speeding is good!

The game even works in Wine! Despite throwing out loads of errors the first time. Tongue

olücæbelel
SamanthaZero
Level 0

Subdivisional

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2007, 12:30:58 PM »

Everyone,

Thank you all so much for the feedback and support!  I'm glad everyone likes the game, especially the music.  Creating the music took 1/6th of all the development time!

I'm also pleasantly surprised that the game runs in WINE.  I did not test this, and didn't even think about it really.  There was one user who had some graphical glitches and garbage on the right & bottom of the window.  This is not expected (although it adds to the "authenticity" I suppose).  If this happens to you, please let me know so I can collect information about the bug.

I do have one more request...  if anyone has the opportunity to play the 4-player mode with some friends, I would love to know how it feels with real opponents, and how it can be improved.

I am greatly looking forward to the other competition entries, and I'll be rooting for all of you!
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic