Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 01:16:20 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallSpinlot
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Spinlot  (Read 697 times)
Spinlot
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: October 19, 2014, 01:51:49 PM »

Hi everyone,

I would like to show you our recent game Spinlot. Its a game with minimalistic design and original game mechanics. We planned that Spinlot will be casual game with many levels, different obstacles and enemies. After some time we decided to add hardmode so there is more challenging version of every level. You can try both modes in our demo. There is 10 levels in story mode and 5 in hard mode.

Online and downloadable demo

Website

Gameplay teaser

IndieDB

Thanks for any comments and criticsm

scaffa
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 11:46:53 PM »

I like the pace of the trailer and also the music. The only thing that feels a bit out of place to me are the obstacles and them not fitting in the minimalist style, for example the circle saw with the blood on it? I assume it's blood? I would expect a different style that fits with the rest of the tone.

Spinlot
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 09:58:52 AM »

I like the pace of the trailer and also the music. The only thing that feels a bit out of place to me are the obstacles and them not fitting in the minimalist style, for example the circle saw with the blood on it? I assume it's blood? I would expect a different style that fits with the rest of the tone.

Thanks for reaction! Circle saw with blood will be used only in hardmode. It has blood on it because we want hardmode to be little bit different than story mode. Smiley

Did you play demo? What do you think about gameplay?
scaffa
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 12:42:38 PM »

I just played the demo, wasn't able to do so earlier today (at work). The gameplay is simple and yet interesting and I found it quite relaxing and fun to play. Actually finished all the available levels Smiley

Curious how it will play in later levels and if it will remain fun to play. But based on some screenshots I guess it will be quite challenging. And I think with the introduction of the powerups you can change up the gameplay a bit and it seems you got some good ideas for that.

Died a couple of times but that wasnt a huge problem since starting a level over isn't a big problem since it's easy and fast to do so. Whenever I died it felt that I made the mistake, did not feel unfair or something. The collision seemed just a bit to big on some circle saws tho. And can't remember if there was any sound, it slows down but didnt hear something so some extra feedback would be nice I think.

Found the music during the game not really fitting, somewhat creepy? But I do enjoy the music in the menu a lot and I think I would really enjoy listening to that during the game.

Hope that helps in any way. Don't have much time at the moment to write some more, sorry Smiley

Spinlot
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2014, 06:50:20 AM »

Thanks again for great feedback. We have prepared more power-ups than is in demo, also planning more obstacles so hope it will remain fun. Or better it will be more fun. Smiley

About music its definitely not final version. We are going to edit music so in final game the music will better fit rest of the game. Sound effects are quite challenging too. Want them to exactly fit the game and also dont be disturbing so its probably take some time.

When you die it slows down and it should show grey "filter" on it, we hopefully add the sound of death soon. Dont know on which device you played the demo, but if you cant see grey filter you probable have disabled webGL. In downloadable version it should work better.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic