Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 12:12:36 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)CreativeHelp With Rigging
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Help With Rigging  (Read 788 times)
robby12
Level 0

View Profile
« on: October 20, 2014, 05:56:39 PM »

Hey I've been trying to rig this character for hours. i have watched multiple tutorials and I still can't figure it out. Would someone please rig my character for me? I can pose it. It is for a scene that I want to make. Please someone help me
Ashaman73
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 10:14:55 PM »

Here's a good tutorial about game character rigging: http://cgi.tutsplus.com/tutorials/game-character-creation-series-kila-chapter-6-basic-character-rigging--cg-31083

Thought it is written for maya, you can adapt it for other modelling tools (eg blender). Rigging isn't easy and it costs lot of time to get a rig done (in my case several days), but once you have a rig for your special requirements, it will be easy to modify it for other characters you have.

initials
Level 2

Initials

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2014, 10:46:45 PM »

Can I ask a few questions?

What program are you using to model the program. For example, I am a Maya user, but I can't rig in Max, Blender or Spine.

What sort of character do you need rigged? Biped? Quadruped? Massive spider with two heads?

When do you need it by?

What part of rigging are you stuck on? Generally the workflow is lay out the bones, skin the mesh to the bones, adjust weights usually by painting, add control curves.

If you're using Maya I suggest tracking down Advance Skeleton.

Initials
VFX/Games/Music
Super Lemonade Factory, Super Lemonade Factory Part Two, Revvolvver, Four Chambers of the Human Heart.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic