Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411281 Posts in 69324 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 06:36:08 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudioWhat are your favorite orchestral percussion libraries?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: What are your favorite orchestral percussion libraries?  (Read 846 times)
GarrettB
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: October 22, 2014, 06:12:38 AM »

One of the things I've always struggled with in my music is getting the drums to sound right. I was wondering what methods/libraries the folks around here use to get that punchy, impressive sound.

Personally, I've been using Stormdrum 2, but I'm sure there are many others.

Professional music composer and audio designer.

Portfolio: Soundcloud
ZackParrish
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 01:40:08 PM »

I've been using Project SAM True Strike 1 for years... probably going to move to Impact Soundworks Rhapsody pretty soon...http://impactsoundworks.com/rhapsody-orchestral-percussion/

mscottweber
Level 1

Composer/Sound Designer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 07:19:15 AM »

Since you mentioned Stormdrum 2, is it safe to assume that you are looking more for modern, cinematic, non-classical/traditional percussion?  Or are you looking for traditional concert percussion like you would see/hear if you went to a live symphony orchestra concert?

For classical percussion I've just been using the factory sounds that come with the full version of Kontakt, and they kind of work but its always a struggle getting them to sit right in a mix.  Rhapsody by IS, as Zack mentioned, is a new library that looks very nice!  Cineperc Core by Cinesamples also sounds really great from their demos.

For the epic cinematic percussion, I usually use a blend of Damage by Heaviocity and Apocalypse Percussion Elements from Soundiron.  I find that these two libraries work well with each other, and they definitely have a very clear and defined yet thick and punchy sound.  Damage, especially, has been around for a long time and is almost guaranteed to be in the arsenal of every film and TV composer out there.

Philip Bak
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2014, 02:53:50 PM »

I've used EastWest / Quantum Leap for years but starting to look at CineSamples after they recently released an impressive entry-level library.

The percussion he adds in

of theirs I found really inspiring.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic