Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411432 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58417 Members - Latest Member: gigig987

April 20, 2024, 05:54:32 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsOffering Paid Work[PAID] Pixel animator/artist for 2D Action Platformer
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [PAID] Pixel animator/artist for 2D Action Platformer  (Read 1934 times)
Aki-at
Level 1

View Profile
« on: October 22, 2014, 07:02:25 AM »

Hello everyone!

I'm looking to hire someone who can help to animate and create sprites/backgrounds for my up and coming project Brock Crocodile. Please read the full job description to ensure you can fill the role adequately!

Description
The artist will be tasked with mainly animating sprites and creating them based on concept art provided. However they must also be adaptable, as I have already completed a fair chunk of the art design for the game, they will need to be able to provide similar sort of art with that of mine and work alongside me. There are two types of sprites for the most part, the standard sprites 30x30/30x40 and the larger sprites used for bigger baddies and certain boss sprites 50x60/70x70 (Although the latter are far less common.) Please note that standard sprites usually have one or two shades of colours whilst larger sprites tend to have three to four.

Further more, large sprites of certain characters will be needed as well as mugshots (65x65). There maybe some sort of animated background work in future but experience here is not essential to getting the job. Please find example of the art direction of the project below and the sort of sprites you would be expected to animate/produce.

Requirements
Please provide your portfolio upon contact especially those that you feel would be relevant to the project. It would also be welcomed if you can show what you believe would be able to be completed in an hour/day from your own portfolio. The artist would also need to be able to stick to orders, deviation from the concept art not needed unless given freedom to do so!

About the game
I imagine some of you may have already seen the project over at the devlog forums, for those who have not you can read up more on the project here or go to the official website at www.brockcrocodile.com and also to view the trailer.

Brock Crocodile is an action adventure platformer that takes inspiration from various 16 bit platformers produced by SEGA in tone and design. It stars the titular red reptile Brock Crocodile as he journeys through his home on Crocodillain Island that will take him from ancient ruins, battleships, active volcanos and beyond. I am looking to get the tone of the game down as the original TMNT animation/classic Sonic games, mostly good fun for all ages.

Pay
The project is self-financed, this will be discussed with the selected artists who make it towards the next phase. This job carries a wealth of different sprites, I can understand if the hourly pay is not set in stone and so further discussion is obviously a must.

Contact
If you want to get in contact you can get a hold of me in various method ways;
Email: [email protected]
Twitter: www.twitter.com/brockcrocodile

Please know I greatly prefer contact via email. The job will be open until announced otherwise, I look forward to hearing from you!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 09:07:16 AM by Aki-at » Logged

rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 07:10:28 AM »

shot you an email

Samaras-Sama
Level 1

samy is my hero

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2017, 10:17:03 AM »