Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411281 Posts in 69324 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 10:02:49 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralIGF 2015 - Who's signing up?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Author Topic: IGF 2015 - Who's signing up?  (Read 4499 times)
Danny Hayes
Level 1

An Indie developer, co-Creator of PONCHO!

View Profile WWW
« on: October 22, 2014, 02:43:12 PM »

In several hours from me posting this, the IGF submission will be closed...  Shocked

I totally panicked because I assumed IGF would close submissions in December or something, not 5 months before the event. Luckily I checked the site last week, just in time to scramble up a new demo version of "PONCHO" for today.  Tired

I know the judges will check your game "sometime" in the few months after submission, but I bloody hope they check it in a week or two rather than right away so I can submit a new version with a couple less bugs...

Anyone else signing up? Feeling confident/nauseous? Any previous IGF submitters have any tips?

team_q
Level 10

Divide by everything is fine and nothing is wrong.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 04:41:15 PM »

I haven't signed up. I submitted student work years ago, and I've been a judge in the past. Don't be afraid to make updates. The reason for such a long lead time is to give judges an opportunity to judge.

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
desdemian
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 08:54:57 PM »

I'm signing up! First time submitter.
Feeling nauseous. Not confident at all, but relieved.

The last month has been too much work, I actually got sick a couple of days ago probably my body telling me to stop for a second.

Where can i see Poncho? Is that it on your avatar? looks nifty.

Here's my trailer:

Best of luck!

temp_56778
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 01:06:34 AM »

I have no chance of winning since I'm not best friends with Brandon or any of his cronies so no I'm not signing up.
Danny Hayes
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2014, 03:15:10 AM »

I'm signing up! First time submitter.
Feeling nauseous. Not confident at all, but relieved.

The last month has been too much work, I actually got sick a couple of days ago probably my body telling me to stop for a second.

Where can i see Poncho? Is that it on your avatar? looks nifty.

Hey, your game looks nice! I don't think I've seen a keyframe mechanic like that one before. But yeah, we also have a video for Poncho, I'll link it below. It's an older video, but it shows off the basics.

knifeySpoonie
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2014, 05:07:03 AM »

Good luck Danny, make sure you update when you get the chance. Poncho has a good vibe about it so It's worth entering even with a buggier build than your happy with Smiley

I have no chance of winning since I'm not best friends with Brandon or any of his cronies so no I'm not signing up.

You also have no chance of winning cause you haven't entered... although it's easier to blame gamergate esq shennanigans...

Founder and Creative Director |  KnifeySpoonie Games  |  Tpickarddev.com | @TPickardDev
Danny Hayes
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2014, 06:19:16 AM »

Thanks, yeah, I'll probably never be totally happy with it, but that's true for most developers I reckon. Ah well, I'll cross my fingers.   Smiley

rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2014, 07:38:55 AM »

I have no chance of winning since...I'm not signing up.

you're a funny and hilarious blight on the earth

congrats to all. i'm not submitting this year or next year or probably the year after but maybe the year after that. maybe.

temp_56778
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2014, 08:30:15 AM »

Remember IGF entrants don't forget to pay off Silverstring Media and Indie-Fund too since they're all IGF judges and so will be financially motivated to upvote your games. Hey it's worked for several games before!
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2014, 08:52:33 AM »

Criticism getting hijacked by gamegate idiots is the best thing the IGF could have wished for :|
Good bye productive discussion on that ever again

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2014, 09:18:37 AM »

Criticism getting hijacked by gamegate idiots is the best thing the IGF could have wished for :|
Kinaetron
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2014, 09:23:24 AM »

Entering the IGF doesn't seem like wise way to spend my money or time. I certainly don't make the kind of games that win and the heard the feedback not great :/

Life sucks and then you die.
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2014, 09:39:38 AM »

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2014, 09:40:30 AM »

ok fine everyone else was doing it i'm giving in to peer pressure

(note: i agree with the peer pressure, even if i'm more pro-igf than against)

temp_56778
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2014, 09:40:59 AM »

Yeah because what a fantastic job you've all been doing. Even when a prominent judge reveals all nothing is done and the Indie-Fund, IndieCade and IGF are more corrupt than ever.

Bravo.
jolene
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2014, 09:44:30 AM »

ok fine everyone else was doing it i'm giving in to peer pressure

(note: i agree with the peer pressure, even if i'm more pro-igf than against

rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2014, 09:54:47 AM »

Yeah because what a fantastic job you've all been doing. Even when a prominent judge reveals all nothing is done and the Indie-Fund, IndieCade and IGF are more corrupt than ever.

Bravo.

i'm actually laughing in real life reality time now

please. there wasn't a "reveal all." that happened years ago and was a fucking podcast thing. it's not a "tell all" of "corruption," it's a legitimate complaint about human nature (which will always be a problem with any awards show). human nature isn't "corruption," it's just the objective reality of subjectivity. people will always make decisions that aren't wholly logical; the idea that they're always doing so because of some kind of conspiracy is laughable with zero proof (which there is none of).

temp_56778
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2014, 10:02:54 AM »

Correct, it's human nature for judges to upvote games they have financial and personal interests in winning. Hence why they should not be judges except it just keeps on happening over and over at the expense of honest developers.

Shame on you all who condone this.
rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2014, 10:10:37 AM »

Correct, it's human nature for judges to upvote games they have financial and personal interests in winning

good thing that doesn't really tend to happen, then

temp_nerd you are temp_garbage

Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2014, 10:12:14 AM »

IGF judges aren't as important as you probably think they are from the name (it's still a stupid system)

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic