Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 06:55:07 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingComedy 3D Adventure Game Demo
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Comedy 3D Adventure Game Demo  (Read 542 times)
WillBarr
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: October 23, 2014, 02:05:46 AM »

Good day chaps  Gentleman

We've been developing a jovial, space themed, 3D adventure game called 'Her Majesty's SPIFFING', the vibe we're going for is basically Monty Python cross Monkey Island cross competently put together three dee graphics. Screenshot below.  Blink

We've been working on the game on and off for the last year and have released a pre-alpha demo that you can find the download links for right here. Smiley

We're keen to get people's feedback. We're especially keen to hear what bugs people encounter (as we're a small 5 man team, our QA department consists of weary friends and relatives who typically aren't gamers themselves!). Additionally, this demo has been set up specifically to use a game pad (although there are keyboard keys mapped to controller buttons), it would be great to learn if folks had controllers that didn't work with the game and what they where so we could try and add them to our database of input devices.

If you don't have time to play our demo you can

, although we're really keen to hear people's thoughts about how the game plays itself.

Ta for your time chaps!
debugchicken
Level 1

Out of the sky, into the dirt.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2014, 02:34:09 PM »

I'd like very much to play this game. But this game is no-way to be played without a controller, and I don't own an xbox controller. I'd like to play with my generic-input controller, but the input menu is a mess. Please consider making the input menu suitable for editing, puting a name on every button so I can remap the controls. Thanks.
AnsonKindred
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2014, 07:45:30 PM »

I played with a controller on Windows 7.

I think there's some potential here for sure. The jokes could use a little work, but I could see it being good. The movement felt a bit clunky at first but then I remembered there was a run button and it was fine. I found the floppy disk and put it in the computer but nothing seemed to happen? The ending with the random button pressing causing everything to go wrong was hilarious.

I do think the actual gameplay was kind of slow though. Felt like a pretty long and convoluted mission just to get a cup of tea, and I definitely didn't feel particularly motivated to replay it to see if anything changed by selecting different options.

If you have a minute and a controller handy, I could really use some help testing my game as well. It's always hard to find people on PC with controllers to test things.

Play here

Link to TIGForums post.

Thanks!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic