Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411413 Posts in 69360 Topics- by 58415 Members - Latest Member: sophi_26

April 16, 2024, 12:37:53 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsThere Was A Caveman... [Out on Steam]
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11
Print
Author Topic: There Was A Caveman... [Out on Steam]  (Read 46150 times)
lobstersteve
« Reply #100 on: April 13, 2015, 03:39:29 AM »

Yeah, the controller issue is really weird. I tried other games with the controller after closing your game and they worked, even other gamemaker games. Your file was unzipped, in a separate folder, together with the DLL etc.
I hope it's some kind of special case with my pc..
aamatniekss
Level 4

hiya

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 13, 2015, 10:05:43 PM »

Yeah, the controller issue is really weird. I tried other games with the controller after closing your game and they worked, even other gamemaker games. Your file was unzipped, in a separate folder, together with the DLL etc.
I hope it's some kind of special case with my pc..
Hmm, I asked some other people to try it out, and it worked fine for them. It's really weird. I have no idea what could it be though.

alvarop
Level 9

ignorant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: April 14, 2015, 12:35:50 PM »

One time someone was having an issue with their controller in one of my games... it was because they had JoyToKey open.  Maybe that was it?

i make games that can only ever be played once on http://throwaway.fun
lobstersteve
« Reply #103 on: April 14, 2015, 12:38:12 PM »

One time someone was having an issue with their controller in one of my games... it was because they had JoyToKey open.  Maybe that was it?

No
alvarop
Level 9

ignorant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: April 14, 2015, 06:42:13 PM »

alright alright

u sure?

i make games that can only ever be played once on http://throwaway.fun
lobstersteve
« Reply #105 on: April 15, 2015, 02:28:24 AM »

u sure?

Tried playing cavemen game - didn't work - tried other games - worked - started joy to key to still play it with controller - so yeah, i'm sure  Tongue
aamatniekss
Level 4

hiya

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 15, 2015, 10:15:12 AM »

That's weird, I'll try to get a xbox controller somewhere myself and test it out.

Also, There was a caveman got featured on Gamejolt's front page! Smiley

alwex
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: April 15, 2015, 10:57:20 AM »

Really cool, I have to try your demo, I follow your topic since a while and never take the time to try your game.
I really like your pixel art and funy story.

Follow us on playfield
aamatniekss
Level 4

hiya

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 17, 2015, 02:00:02 AM »

Really cool, I have to try your demo, I follow your topic since a while and never take the time to try your game.
I really like your pixel art and funy story.

Thanks, man! Smiley There's not much of a story going on in-game, though. Haven't started working on that yet.

Also, check out this cool let's play video by RaedwulfGamer. He's by far the most popular youtuber to play the game. Pretty cool. Smiley

SCAREKRO
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: April 22, 2015, 09:03:11 PM »

This is really cool. Good luck with your game dude!

Twitter: @Scarekrogames
Indie DB:http://www.indiedb.com/games/solotrab

aamatniekss
Level 4

hiya

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 24, 2015, 06:05:18 AM »

Thanks man! Smiley

Also, here's a little gif, update coming soon'ish!

b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 24, 2015, 06:39:40 AM »

Enjoyed playing the demo!

It's interesting to see how frustrating a game can be when you're really bad at platformers (or bad at playing with keyboards).
Also, check out this cool let's play video by RaedwulfGamer. He's by far the most popular youtuber to play the game. Pretty cool. Smiley

« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 01:21:22 PM by bakkusa » Logged
aamatniekss
Level 4

hiya

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 29, 2015, 11:58:25 PM »

Enjoyed playing the demo!

It's interesting to see how frustrating a game can be when you're really bad at platformers (or bad at playing with keyboards).

Ohh, never noticed the post, sorry. Thank you for playing, im glad you enjoyed it. Smiley
Yeah, that's true. :D It's really funny to watch one guy beat the demo in 10 minutes, and another one rage quitting on room 2 after 20minutes. :D

rebelholic
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: May 15, 2015, 08:33:52 PM »

So do you using unity 5 for your game and 32x32 tile set for all scenes, right?

Feel free give feedback:
Fearless Tigor Devlog
aamatniekss
Level 4

hiya

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 16, 2015, 02:45:25 AM »

So do you using unity 5 for your game and 32x32 tile set for all scenes, right?
Hey! Nope, im using GM: Studio and the base tile and character sizes are 16x16. Smiley

diegzumillo
Level 10

This avatar is so old I still have a some hair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: May 20, 2015, 01:25:50 PM »

I enjoyed the demo but couldn't beat the first boss Tongue A couple of comments from my playthrough:
One thing I noticed is that the enemies visuals are hard to tell from the background. The color palette for them should stand a little more, like caveman himself. More than once I stepped on an enemy because it fused with the grass.
I noticed that when falling from a ledge you only have one air jump, as if falling counted as a jump. This isn't very intuitive, in my opinion, and it got me in trouble in the giant boulder section, as I ran through the last ledge relying on my second jump to make it through the pit only to find out I didn't have it anymore.

Keep it up  Coffee

aamatniekss
Level 4

hiya

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 21, 2015, 12:04:30 AM »

I enjoyed the demo but couldn't beat the first boss Tongue A couple of comments from my playthrough:
One thing I noticed is that the enemies visuals are hard to tell from the background. The color palette for them should stand a little more, like caveman himself. More than once I stepped on an enemy because it fused with the grass.
I noticed that when falling from a ledge you only have one air jump, as if falling counted as a jump. This isn't very intuitive, in my opinion, and it got me in trouble in the giant boulder section, as I ran through the last ledge relying on my second jump to make it through the pit only to find out I didn't have it anymore.

Keep it up  Coffee

Hey, thanks for playing! Smiley
Hmm, yeah, I've seen in some LPs also that people don't notice the turtles very well, I'll do something about them.
I hadn't thought of the jumping/falling issue. I will try out how it plays with a fall not counting as the first jump. But Im thinking it will give massive advantage in some situations where it's not needed. Also with this you could jump over VERY large pits, and that's not neccessarily something I want. But it could also work.
Anyways, thanks for the feedback. Smiley

diegzumillo
Level 10

This avatar is so old I still have a some hair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: May 21, 2015, 12:46:19 AM »

Ultimately is just a matter of choice. Nothing wrong with the way you implemented double jump Smiley

aamatniekss
Level 4

hiya

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 21, 2015, 01:09:56 AM »

Ultimately is just a matter of choice. Nothing wrong with the way you implemented double jump Smiley
Yep, true about that. Smiley

lobstersteve
« Reply #119 on: May 21, 2015, 01:48:28 AM »

Every game counts falling as first jump in games with double jump  Undecided
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic