Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411433 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58418 Members - Latest Member: Pix_RolleR

April 20, 2024, 07:06:05 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsShe Remembered Caterpillars: Release Date > OUT NOW!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
Print
Author Topic: She Remembered Caterpillars: Release Date > OUT NOW!  (Read 24704 times)
jay43k
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2015, 09:36:49 AM »

a lot of awesome stuff happening in here!

posting to subscribe.

danielgoffin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2015, 06:26:35 AM »

You continue to amaze me Daniel!

a lot of awesome stuff happening in here!

posting to subscribe.

Thank you for the kind words. Very motivating.  Smiley

marcgfx
Level 8

if you don't comment, who will?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2015, 07:31:29 AM »

are there any newer images? I really liked the mush-room bridge (saw it just now for the first time), so I wonder what was the reason for scrapping it. the caterpillar stuff looks very interesting too, I would love to see it in motion.

danielgoffin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2015, 10:10:09 AM »

Best news first: We are incredibly proud, honoured and excited to announce that Cassandra Khaw (twitter) will be writing the story to our game!

The caterpillar wall: At first our approach was the same as with the bridge but then we realized that the caterpillar only has to lie in the way of the character to effectively work as a wall. This makes it a lot more plausible in our opinion: The extruding spikes are always a reaction to a character having the wrong colour. When the caterpillar acts as bridge the characters pass over it and when it acts as a wall the characters pass under it.

are there any newer images? I really liked the mush-room bridge (saw it just now for the first time), so I wonder what was the reason for scrapping it. the caterpillar stuff looks very interesting too, I would love to see it in motion.

You are right, the mushroom bridge was a nice thing. I like still it. However, it was a darling a needed to die. I realized that I constantly was trying to find solutions to incorporate it but I never was satisfied with them. So the best step was to get rid off the one thing that was keeping me from getting ahead with the game even though it was a worthwhile idea. The important part is the dynamic visual feedback: Our game's mechanic is rather complex and difficult to explain however once you see it in action is a lot easier to understand. That is what I kept in mind when redesigning the bridges (and walls).

ephoete
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2015, 01:58:47 PM »

Haven't ended up here for a while and wasn't disappointed of the progression. Really promising project.  Blink

Check out my Soundcloud! https://soundcloud.com/edgar-phoete
ZeroTec
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2015, 05:11:38 PM »

The artstyle and early gameplay videos look very promising. Reminds me a bit of Pikmin, because you play different colored plant-characters......but that's the only similarity. Looks a lot more modern and unique Tongue

Btw: Ist nett hier auch mal ein paar deutsche Entwickler anzutreffen ^^

Cristiano Vitorino
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2015, 08:26:40 PM »

Looks different and interesting, awesome style. Following.
danielgoffin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2015, 03:50:14 AM »

Thank you all for the kind words. Great to hear that you enjoy what we've shown so far.

@ZeroTec – Pikmin is great. The character design is not really related to it though and since we picked up Cassandra as our writer I am not sure that they will remain in the game in this design. Actually, I am sure that they will look quite different in the end. ^_^

danielgoffin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2015, 06:16:42 AM »

Again, a bit of time has gone by since my last update. I've been playing around with Blender and Unity a bit more in the last week and it was a pleasure to see some progress come out of that. But if you asked me, I would not be able to tell whether any of this will actually show up in the game...

danielgoffin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2015, 02:52:13 AM »

Update time:

I primarily focused on character designs over the last week. Currently I am investing a lot of time in getting an aesthetic working that is entirely and precisely aliased. Not so easy, especially with textures that tend to blur. One direction we are considering is using only vertex color and additional meshes...

Overall, I am quite happy with the direction we are heading. Large image dump following now:

Jasmine
Level 5

Boop

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2015, 04:23:17 AM »

Man, this is stunning! I love a good puzzle game, and this sounds just as fun as it looks.

jctwood
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2015, 07:53:25 AM »

It is wonderful seeing the visual style slowly knit itself together. Excited to see some puzzle designs appear.

danielgoffin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2015, 11:04:41 AM »

Thank you, you two. I am happy to hear you like this humble log. ^___^

danielgoffin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2015, 05:22:48 AM »

It seems I dropped the ball with regular updates. Shame on me. In the meantime I decided to go a completely different direction with the game. Everything will be 2D, no 3D. After showing a 3D prototype at AMAZE Fest in Berlin in April I took all the feedback into account and decided that I still not very comfortable with 3D. That lead to the logical conclusion that I will draw everything by hand instead.

Here is a first look at a background painting for an early level:

If you interested in playing the a demo of the game, I will be at EGX in Birmingham in September.

Jasmine
Level 5

Boop

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2015, 08:22:21 AM »

I am surprised. I was really liking the 3d direction.

Still, 2d is looking as though it will be gorgeous, also! Keep up the great work!

(Also, where do the ones that aren't local go to play the demo? Wink)

danielgoffin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2015, 11:19:17 AM »

@M4uesviecr, thank you the good words. Really appreciate it. I still enjoy the screenshots that you see here. However, many of these were not usuable for the game. I never felt as satisfied with that.

b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2015, 11:22:04 AM »

I wonder how you're going to represent the same awesomeness from this scene into 2d.
danielgoffin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2015, 11:25:01 AM »

@bakkusa, thanks. ^___^

Simply put, with something else entirely. I will not try to emulate the above. 2D has different strengths than 3D, especially when it comes to the illustrative comic-aesthetic that I am working on.

gereon
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2015, 01:31:14 PM »

I watched the Youtube video. Interesting puzzle concept. And... great name Wink

Currently working on...
danielgoffin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2015, 03:40:28 AM »

Thanks, gereon. ^___^ I see that Plasmoid and Perlinoid share a bit of similarity in the name.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic