Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411493 Posts in 69372 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 05:53:28 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralMy Indie Dev Blog for Noobies!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: My Indie Dev Blog for Noobies!  (Read 672 times)
thefoolishbrave
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« on: October 26, 2014, 01:17:50 PM »

Hi guys! I've seen a lot of people make disappointed posts on the forums about their games not getting enough attention, or having a fun game with crude graphics, and a lot of us know how hard we work on our first game and thinking the world of it, only to have our dreams crushed. So, a few months back I started an indie dev blog for noobies to try and curb the amount of mistakes, and help give advice that a lot of other indie creators don't leave behind if asked.

http://indiegamenoob.tumblr.com/

I've currently created 3 apps and have recently managed to secure sponsorship for a bigger project so I try to share what I know with other hopefuls!

The blog currently has topics about marketing, putting together a team, projected costs, as well as others! I'd like to continue to expand it, but I also want some feedback and want to know what kinds of other topics people would want to see on there! Thanks guys!

bluebirdplays
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2014, 05:01:22 PM »

Just wanted to say that I found your content pretty awesome!  While I'm not making a game myself, I approve of someone making a blog about topics that aren't really covered all that well.

WERE I a game designer, I'd be curious about time management as well.  That seems to be a really big issue for game developers who need to balance their life and their game at the same time.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic