Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 07:44:43 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessPAX, booth, SWAG and Sales
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: PAX, booth, SWAG and Sales  (Read 648 times)
dragonslumber
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: October 26, 2014, 06:23:22 PM »

Hey all,

I'm going to apply to be in the Indie Megabooth for PAX East 2015, just finalizing a few details on the demo I need to sent, but in the meantime I'm thinking about how to structure my booth and how to present myself the best. I was wondering if anyone had any experience in the matter, stuff like setting up a booth to be interesting and appealing, how to stand out, banners you printed and other devices, how the audience and the reviewers reacted. I'm also interested about the SWAG, since I heard it ends up giving little impact on most people (shirts are definitely off the table), and also stuff to sell. Shirts might be too common, posters are lame, but what about other things like maybe a wall scroll?

I'm trying to think outside the box and I'm sure others have tried stuff and succeeded or failed. I already read some post-mortems on the subject, but I wanted to further probe the matter.

Any help is appreciated.

Arelite Core, coming to a PC near you (hopefully yours) in 2015, www.arelitecore.com
nikwin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2014, 06:58:41 PM »

I really liked the small cardboard passport I got from the Papers, Please booth at GDC. He also had stamps there so I could mark it denied. Admittedly, that was a lot cooler because I was familiar with the game.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic