Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411414 Posts in 69360 Topics- by 58415 Members - Latest Member: sophi_26

April 16, 2024, 11:30:53 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsCongo War Child
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Congo War Child  (Read 731 times)
PLANET.HEAD
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: October 30, 2014, 06:33:58 AM »

Congo War Child is a top down run and gun shooter/non-shooter in which you play as a child soldier in the DRC.
The aim of the game is to end the exploitation of children as soldiers. Your own morality will determine how you do this.
Kill everyone or rescue other child soldiers and spare the rest.
Deep within each child soldier is a manifestation of the anger, fear, confusion, and brainwashing that is turning them into a fully fledged soldier and it's your task to rid them of this by facing their inner demons. Each child's demon is unique to them and you will have to eradicate them by defeating it in a boss battle of wills.
Or you can take the traditional, easy, and direct route and kill everyone in the area; including the children.

The game is very much a work in progress but is coming along at a steady pace. So far there is only one demon boss that scales in difficulty depending on how any you have beaten but eventually each child will have their own individual boss battle. Hopefully this will be the most interesting and unique element as well as the biggest draw of the game.

This is my first devlog so please don't expect too much from it! I will do my best to keep it updated and respond as quickly as possible.

PeteH
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 07:11:42 AM »

Loving the boss design in the 3rd screenshot! Smiley

Netsu
Level 10

proficient at just chillin'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2014, 07:22:46 AM »

I love the way this looks and the premise is really interesting too, keep it up Smiley

PLANET.HEAD
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2014, 07:45:09 AM »

Cheers guys! I have a playable demo for DL on IndieDB (http://bit.ly/1q3G1eC) It's not been authorised at present but should be soon. Please give it a try and let me know what you think. There's more info on the demo on the indieDB page  Evil

airman4
Level 10

Need More Time !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2014, 10:44:14 AM »

love the colors and the concept
we dont see much top down shooter i think

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic