Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411426 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 10:04:45 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsOffering Paid Work[CLOSED] I'm making a Grand Strategy game. I'd like your help with the UI/Icons!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [CLOSED] I'm making a Grand Strategy game. I'd like your help with the UI/Icons!  (Read 1272 times)
ChairmanYang
Level 0

View Profile
« on: October 30, 2014, 12:26:35 PM »

I've been making progress on a grand strategy game for the PC called Victors & Vanquished. Think Crusader Kings 2, Europa Universalis 4, or similar epic strategy games grounded in history. I've finally reached the stage where I can start replacing my ugly placeholder UI and icons with something attractive and functional. That's where you come in!

SOME DETAILS:
* It'll be 2D art. (Or 3D art that looks 2D-ish).
* I'm open to different art styles, but the UI and icons should mesh well with my existing map and character assets. I'll show you screenshots and discuss in more detail as we proceed. In the meantime, take a look at a map from my game below, along with a sample unit sprite.
* I'd like to strike a balance between being pretty, being easy-to-read, and fitting my game's theme of historical grand strategy. I'll need your creative input!
* This work will be ideal as a side job for you, as opposed to a full-time day-to-day commitment. I'll need bits and pieces over time as I develop my game, and except for the rare occasion, I generally won't need things too quickly. (Obviously this will change if I need to show my game off at a conference or something.)

Are you interested? PM me a basic introduction to yourself and some sample work, and we can go from there!

Map from the game where much of the gameplay takes place:

A character sprite from the game:
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 10:06:29 AM by ChairmanYang » Logged
Miguelito
Level 4

makes graphics

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2014, 01:09:03 AM »

Just dropped in to say GODDAMN, those graphics!
Absolutely brilliant! Setting the bar high there. Smiley

(← new art twitter)
ChairmanYang
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2014, 05:55:54 AM »

Just dropped in to say GODDAMN, those graphics!
Absolutely brilliant! Setting the bar high there. Smiley
Thanks a lot, appreciate the comment!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic