Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 07:59:13 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsYes, Your Grace [now on Kickstarter]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Yes, Your Grace [now on Kickstarter]  (Read 3438 times)
prEsc
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: November 03, 2014, 06:05:10 AM »

============================
============================

Yes, My Grace is a blend between text-based adventure game with a strategy oriented gameplay, set in a world inspired by Slavic Mythology, where deadly creatures venture through lands and extraordinary magic takes place.

Experience a story-based campaign, where all the actions you take have a consequence. Command your people and help them survive the odds of the forbidden lands. Manage your resources, negotiate with other kings, fight off bandits and repel monsters.

Yes, My Grace is a different take on your usual text or turn-based strategy game. It takes those both genres and blends them together to make a one of a kind experience.

Key Features:
  • Make difficult decisions - command, advice, help or punish your people
  • Control your resources to make sure your people and armies have enough food
  • Grow armies, expand your borders, fight and conquer your enemies
  • Use magic to help maintain crop growth or heal cattle and people from diseases
  • Make use of witchcraft rituals to soothe the mind and boost the morale
  • Hire monster hunters to secure towns and villages

The Game

Throne room is used not only as the main story telling tool but it will also reflect your actions on the map. Take away too much food resources from the village and soon after you will surely meet the peasants complaining about it in the throne room. Here you will see a queue of people, wanting to talk to you. They might bring you valuable information, ask for help, advice or for a favour. Each person is essentially a quest for you to interact with.

Here, you will face peasants with their everyday problems, trade with merchants to quickly obtain resources and accommodate other kings to form alliances or to arrange weddings.

You will be able to use services offered by wizards to help maintain the crop growth or let the witches do their rituals to help protect your people and cattle from diseases. Hire monster hunters to get rid of the beasts in the nearby forests, and use your armies to repel enemy forces.

The map is used to manage your resources as well as for completing quests that you may get in the throne room. For example, if you get a message that the Radovian army is getting ready to attack from behind the mountains, you can start preparing and moving your units towards the mentioned location. The throne room and the map compliment each other, providing a refreshing and unique experience.

Sooner or later, you will start having problems with food and you will have to start deciding what village, town, mine or sawmill will get what amount of food. The more you give, the greater the production value of that building. You might also want to conquer enemy (or even ally) regions to take control of  it's structures, but that will most certainly bring consequences.

Gameplay Video

For more info and some gameplay footage take a look at our early build:
First Gameplay with Commentary

Why TIGForum?

We have used Steam Concepts Page as well as IndieDB so far, but it's hard to get any constructive feedback on those sites. That's why we have decided to start a devlog on TIGForum as it seems the best way to get some coments on the game. We would kindly appreciate any criticism on the game itself as well as on the description of it. We want to make sure it's all clear and understandable, and we will strive to improve upon all of the problems.

Thanks for your time!
Brave at Night Team.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 05:35:25 AM by prEsc » Logged
crusty
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2014, 07:35:47 PM »

Shouldn't it be your grace?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grace_(style)

Caravan: devlog | website
prEsc
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2014, 01:46:31 AM »

Damn, you noticed!  Who, Me?
We realized it quite some time ago, and we are stuck between using "Yes, Your Grace" and finding a new name. We have been so busy with the game, that we got this far without changing the name. Thanks for pointing it out again though, it will make us prioritize the issue.
Sorsy
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2014, 04:58:29 AM »

Looks interesting, the play with the map. I also dig the graphic style. Is there a possibility your subject could lie to you? Like when the second one in the video came. Could he maybe lie to you about some forces being there to lure your army away from its position and only way to know about this would be from the map? Or are you dependent on what people tell you?

del
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2014, 05:08:45 AM »

Like the style, I noticed you have a long gameplay video. I would suggest something shorter as well if you can. I've had trouble with longer ones. At the very least one thing I would have like to have seen sooner in the video is what more of the consequences look like. Good luck!

Four Realms. Action RPG. Platformer. Animals.
Fenrir
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2014, 05:20:57 AM »

Yep I agree about the video, it's a lot too long!

prEsc
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2014, 05:31:47 AM »

Is there a possibility your subject could lie to you?

Yes, the game is very much about deception and manipulation. Only information that is revealed to you by characters will be shown on the map and it is not always correct. The only way to be certain is to investigate with loyal characters (loyalties can also shift and the only indication of this is the characters behavior - no numbers to help). We are toying around with the idea of scouts that can be moved around the map to confirm rumors.

I would suggest something shorter as well if you can. I've had trouble with longer ones. At the very least one thing I would have like to have seen sooner in the video is what more of the consequences look like. Good luck!

Thanks! We just thought the same, and actually started working on a shorter version of the gameplay.
AD1337
Level 9

Lucas Molina

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2014, 02:44:21 PM »

Slavic mythology? You have my interest.

prEsc
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2014, 06:12:58 AM »

Hello!
We have some small updates:

First of all, we have put together a shorter version of the gameplay video, which we hope will give an idea of the game.

We are currently trying to settle on the map style. We are keen on the colorful one, but at the same time we think that the other one suits theme a bit more. We want to give it more of an actual paper-map feel and we also like how it's more serious. Any thoughts?

We also struggle with the name for the game. We have ran through several brainstorming sessions but everything seems out of place. We got so used to "Yes, My Grace" that the only sensible option seems to go with "Yes, Your Grace".

Slavic mythology? You have my interest.

Oh yes! You can expect quests with some uncommon creatures and interesting beliefs Smiley
Playaction
Level 0

Junkyard Robots

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2014, 09:58:43 AM »

I like the green map. It looks prettier, and the labels stand out more. Looking forward to seeing more of this

CosmicCastles
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2014, 10:44:12 AM »

Looks very cool, almost has a Banner Saga vibe to it.

I don't know if you'll include seasons changing in your game (summer to autumn, autumn to winter, etc.) but maybe you could adjust the ground coloring on the map to match.

IMO the repetitive nature of the voices in the short gameplay video would get old really fast. I'm not sure if that's just placeholder material but you might want to expand it out a bit.

Other then that I'm really enjoying the art style, keep it up!  Hand Thumbs Up Left

Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2014, 12:11:26 PM »

Really like the look of this.  Also, always interested to see games that blend very mechanically driven genres like Strategy games with more pre-scripted genres like Adventure games.

prEsc
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2014, 08:17:26 AM »

Hey, thanks for feedback and the kind words everyone! So it looks like the green map is the winner and we will start working on it asap.

Looks very cool, almost has a Banner Saga vibe to it.Hand Thumbs Up Left
Ha! Thanks a lot, that's a really nice thing to hear!  Smiley

And as for your concerns... We are actually having different seasons in the game, as they are part of the pagan theme as well as will have an impact on the mechanics with food. Having visual representation of changing seasons behind the windows as well as on the map is our goal, but it might be difficult to achieve (time restrictions). We believe this would add more interest into the game, but as for now we want to focus on all the core graphic elements, and move onto the extras later.

As for the voices, they are placeholders at the moment, and we are planning on having different sound effects depending on the type of character (for example: starving people will sound different than noble lords). We probably wont be able to have different voice for everyone in the game, but we will aim to at least have predefined sounds for the key characters.

We have also some small announcements:
As some of you might have noticed, we actually decided to change the name at last. We tried, but no other name worked for us and we couldn't go any longer with the grammatical mistake as our title for the game (It's embarrassing, specially that various websites started making articles about our game! It's crazy!) So we have settled on Yes, Your Grace.

Also, we have a new member of the team! Luke is dedicated to improve the dialogues, both in their accuracy and style. We are glad to have him on board, as we believe he will bring the dialogues onto the next level, making them far more exciting.

Brave at Night Team.
prEsc
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2014, 05:57:56 AM »

Hello everyone!
We have some big news for you. For the last couple of weeks we have been preparing ourselves for the Kickstarter campaign and now... Here it is! If you find our game interesting from what you have seen so far, then please take a look at our Kickstarter page as we have even more goodies for you to find there. If you really like what you see, then please share the game on social media with your friends and if you really, really like the project then please consider pledging.

We are also now on Steam Greenlight, so please vote for us: Steam

| KICKSTARTER

Thank you for the support!
Lemmily
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2014, 06:16:18 AM »

Really nice art style! Loving what I've seen so far.

I also feel like I need to support this as you're Yorkshire based too!
MonoForge
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2014, 06:39:17 AM »

What I love most about this is how nicely everything fits together. The art, music, and gameplay just feels... right.

Fantastic trailer!

Fenrir
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2014, 06:40:57 AM »

Already a Kickstarter, you're not loosing time! Smiley Good luck with it! But be aware that it's not the best period for it, with Christmas coming we have no more money to spend... :/

Anyway just voted on Greenlight!

prEsc
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2014, 08:32:07 AM »

Hey! We got a little, but really cool update to share with you! Just take a look Smiley

Managing the queue
The queue mechanics are fun. We believe it’s interesting to see who comes next in the line, and to find out what they want. Each person is a mystery waiting to reveal itself.

But what if you recognize the person? What if you are waiting to see this messenger, or that blacksmith? We don’t want you to click through the people in front of him, missing carefully crafted content, just to get a town upgrade or to see the outcome to a particular quest.

That’s why we are introducing a little mechanic where you can tell someone in the queue to come forward, skipping the line. After all, you are the king, so you can do whatever you desire. Just keep in mind that if you keep doing so, others might get annoyed. They could start talking behind your back or even begin plotting against you.

Assassinations
After getting feedback from family, friends and our community saying that the king should be more powerful, we have decided to do this by allowing him to make sure anyone in the queue can be… visited… by your loyal assassins.

The way it works is very simple. Click on anyone in the queue, and then choose the “assassin” icon. The price of the deed will appear, and if you can afford to pay you can sleep soundly, assured that some unfortunate thing will happen to the person you have marked.

So, if someone in the queue says something that casts you in a negative light, you can get rid of them, stopping their inconvenient opinion from spreading. Or you can do it just for fun, you bloodthirsty tyrant!  

After marking someone with the assassin icon, you will be still able to talk to that person during the day. However, the next morning you will get a message about their mysterious demise - unless your assassins were not up to the challenge, of course.

Dungeon
If the grisly business of murder turns your royal stomach, but you still need to express your displeasure, you can strike a healthy balance by sending subjects to the dungeons of your castle. Keeping them there for a while will send a firm message, but perhaps won’t be as cruel as having the subject killed for their first offence.

As for now you won’t be able to see the actual dungeon (we have a stretch goal for this in mind); it will all happen through the throne room gameplay. First, you click on the icon and the guards take the subject away. In a day or two you will get a notification from your advisor asking you what you want to do next with that person. Keep him in the dungeon? Or let him go free, letting the world know what a wonderful and forgiving king you are?

Really nice art style! Loving what I've seen so far.

I also feel like I need to support this as you're Yorkshire based too!
Thank you very much! ^^

What I love most about this is how nicely everything fits together. The art, music, and gameplay just feels... right.

Fantastic trailer!
Thanks! And personally, I am supper excited about the music. One of the best reasons to be working on this title ~ Rafal.

Already a Kickstarter, you're not loosing time! Smiley Good luck with it! But be aware that it's not the best period for it, with Christmas coming we have no more money to spend... :/

Anyway just voted on Greenlight!
We were a little skeptical about starting Kickstarter on late November, but if everything goes well, we will have the best Christmas present ever! Smiley
Thanks for the vote!
AD1337
Level 9

Lucas Molina

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2015, 04:18:55 AM »

Congrats on your Kickstarter success!  Toast Right

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic