Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411505 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 07:30:39 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsPortfoliosBrazilian Portuguese Localization [Paid]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Brazilian Portuguese Localization [Paid]  (Read 1019 times)
Mobyduc
Level 0

View Profile
« on: November 05, 2014, 04:42:50 PM »

Link to the original comic

Hi all! After some time, I decided to post this here, even though it is very unlikely to work out. I know Brazilian Portuguese is not a very sought out language, but it doesn't hurt trying.

Who am I
My name is Paulo André and I've recently received my Bachelor's degree in English, with a minor in Editing. I've been translating games as a hobby for over an year now, some of them officially (published alongside the game), others voluntarily (gotta download from my blog or the Steam Workshop). My objective is turning this into a profession, and I believe I have enough experience to justify charging for my many hours of work.

I also have over 2k hours on DOTA2. Don't judge me!

Portfolio

This is a list of 15 of the games I've translated so far (a couple translations I've done will not be found here for mysterious reasons). You can check them out in my blog: Link.

Blocks That Matter, by Swing Swing Submarine
Dungeon of the Endless, by Amplitude Studios
Dwarf Tower, by IoSoftware
Eldritch, by Minor Key Games
Full Mojo Rampage, by Over the Top Games
Hashi Link, by OmNom Apps
Invisible, Inc., by Klei Entertainment
Orcish Inn, by Steven Colling
Pioneers, by Eigen Lenk
Prison Architect, by Introversion Software – By far my most successful translation, with over 1,500 subscribed users on Steam Workshop, and over 2k downloads
The Republia Times, by Lucas Pope
Reus, by Abbey Games
SteamWorld Dig, by Image & Form Games
Tetrobot & Co., by Swing Swing Submarine
Windward, by Tasharen

What am I offering

I'm not only offering a translation, but an actual localization of your game. While most companies will completely ignore the context the strings are found, I will look thoroughly the game text to understand what the string actually refers to, and if needed, I will change the content to make it more meaningful to Brazilian players. If you want to see what I mean by that, ask any Portuguese speakers you know to play Skulls of the Shogun translated, it's pretty funny to see what happens when you translate without any context.

It's also important to remember that I've played hours upon hours of every kind of game, from casual iOS games (like Castle Crashers), to hardcore ASCII games (like Dwarf Fortress). I have enough experience in games to know what is acceptable and what is not.

What is the price

For the cheap price of $0,05 per word I will translate your entire game! A game with 500 words would cost merely $25, while a game with 1.500 words would cost $100.

All I require is 2 copies of the game for testing purposes. It's specially important for games with lots of variables and single word strings.

Twitter: @PauloBelato
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 01:07:36 PM by Mobyduc » Logged
Mobyduc
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2014, 01:32:04 PM »

Updating the main topic to add the localization of Hashi Link, by OmNom Apps. I'm yet again free to work for the low low price of 5 cents per word!
Mobyduc
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2015, 12:36:01 PM »

Someone reminded me that this topic still existed, so... Just posting to say I'm still alive.

Currently working on Abyss Odyssey, after finishing up Invisible, Inc.

Mobyduc
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2015, 03:23:11 PM »

New items added since last update:
  • Honor-Bound, by Robbie Hunt;
  • Skyward Collapse, by Arcen Games.

Currently working on Spacebase DF-9.

Projects on hold:
  • Small World 2, by Days of Wonder;
  • Abyss Odyssey, ACE Team;
  • Endless Legend, by Amplitude Studios.