Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 11:28:20 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperTechnical (Moderator: ThemsAllTook)HaxeFlixel: Error when compiling for CPP and HTML5
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: HaxeFlixel: Error when compiling for CPP and HTML5  (Read 813 times)
Playaction
Level 0

Junkyard Robots

View Profile
« on: November 07, 2014, 05:40:28 AM »

I'm building a game in haxeflixel 3.3.5, and have been compiling for flash so far.
I found a FlxFSM class, which I added to the codebase, and it still works great in Flash.

I wanted to try to compile for Windows/CPP, which usually works, but in this project i get the following error:
Code:
./src/util/FlxFSM.cpp(13) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'flixel/util/FlxPool.h': No such file or directory
The FlxPool class exists, and works for flash.

If I compile for html5, the error is:
Code:
C:/HaxeToolkit/haxe/lib/openfl-bitfive/2,0,1/flash/display/Stage.hx:13: characters 7-24 : Class not found : js.html.TouchList

Which is even weirder, because haxelib tells me that I have openfl 2.1.5 installed, and that's what I see in the reference folders.

I'm relatively new to Haxe (from AS3), so I don't get what's going wrong, and can't figure out, what has to be updated or referenced differently. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2014, 08:00:23 PM »

It's possible you have openfl version 2.1.5 installed but the version is set to an older version.

TBH when I leave the haxe world for a few months and come back there's ususally major updates that cause issues compiling for me. I usually just wipe the install and start fresh. It's been extremely rare my projects haven't worked after that and when it does happen the changes are usually very minor.

BigThink
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2014, 12:28:58 PM »

Wow man awesome!
How is Haxe keeping up recently, haven't been doing games in it or Flash since years.

Hey there! Just opened an YouTube channel about various game development topics! Check it out https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGCv7wwpwETEH0kkd_CYlfQ
Playaction
Level 0

Junkyard Robots

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2014, 03:20:25 AM »

I guess i'll try reinstalling.

Coming from AS3 and adobe air, haxe seems really nice.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic