Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 02:27:05 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsPortfoliosExperienced concept artist looking for fresh indie projects
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Experienced concept artist looking for fresh indie projects  (Read 2344 times)
Gustaf
Level 0

View Profile
« on: November 07, 2014, 06:19:45 PM »

Hey guys!

My name is Gustaf and I'm a freelance concept artist by trade. I've worked for a few years, mainly in film and TV, but I've always wanted to get into making games. Preferrably indie games and it has occurred to me that the TIGSource forums host a lot of interesting developers. Hollywood can be such a circus; studio execs and practical limitations. I'd love to work on projects that are less like what scifi and fantasy usually looks like. So I'm very open to working with different, or more minimalistic looks.

Now I know indie developers can't pay the same amounts of money that a studio can, and that's of course fine, but it needs to be paid work, or I can't prioritize it in my schedule among the stuff that gets my rent paid. Unfortunate, but true.

I'd love to provide concepts, storyboards, illustrate a 2D game, or w/e. Just gimme a holler! I'm hard working and love my job. You can contact me and see more stuff at
gustafs-art.com

Kyle Preston
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2014, 09:56:28 AM »

Your work is excellent Gustaf. I've been looking for an artist for a 2D platformer I'm currently working on but I'm not ready to hire anybody just yet. 

I'm a musician who also happens to code a lot and I'm building a game around the themes of the music I've scored, rather than the traditional approach which is to hire a musician during crunch time and have them crank out tunes while under the gun. Don't know if you've played Limbo, but I'm hoping to achieve something that is at least 1/10 as aesthetically pleasing as the art in that game. I'll keep your info and get in touch in the near future, should you be interested. Really love your second piece, it's very Edward Hopper-esque, someone I very much admire.  Coffee

Gustaf
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2014, 05:45:00 AM »

Thanks Kyle! Please do, and it's fun to hear when someone appreciates one of my less spectacular pieces. That one is actually one of my favs as well.
robby12
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2014, 05:11:36 PM »

Do you take revenue share?
Gustaf
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2014, 11:31:00 AM »

Hey robby! nice to hear from you. I haven't done that yet, but maybe if it's a project I feel strongly about. Send me an email! You can find a form on my site: www.gustafs-art.com
robby12
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2014, 04:07:15 PM »

Hey I just emaied you! Email me back if your interested
robby12
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2014, 02:54:52 PM »

Hey are you interested in working with us? Did you get my email?
Gustaf
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2015, 06:52:21 AM »

Hi Robby! It got stuck in my spam filter for some strange reason. Email is away!
Gustaf
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2015, 06:39:10 AM »

Available again! Also here's another piece:

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic