Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411415 Posts in 69361 Topics- by 58415 Members - Latest Member: sophi_26

April 16, 2024, 03:30:52 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)Colour choices and styles for my game (feedback)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Colour choices and styles for my game (feedback)  (Read 679 times)
jake_president
Level 0

View Profile
« on: November 08, 2014, 05:22:37 AM »

Hi! I´ve been working on a stealth game for a couple of months and I´m now trying to replace my place holder assets with real art. This is not final in any way but just me putting concept sprites in powerpoint to get an idea.

I´m trying with a style which is like the one of the original legend of zelda (the dungeons) I kind of want it to look like a museum in the night (therefor) the palete but how should I do to make a good looking floow? I want it to look like the ones which you would see in a museum floor (a pretty reflective floor) and still get it to go well with the walls. What do you think? How should I go about the floor? Is there any game you recommend checking out which has a similar style? Let me know!
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 11:22:30 AM by jake_president » Logged

Is this how you internet
bluebirdplays
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2014, 05:10:20 PM »

It doesn't really make me think of night-time when I look at it.  While it's a cool palette, and I do see what looks like shadows, I'm not so sure it's doing the trick in terms of making me think "night-time".  I actually wonder if there isn't a way to imply it further with something as simple as a window and shows some night-time/stars.  Or maybe a beam of moonlight.

Just my two cents at least!

jake_president
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2014, 06:34:01 AM »

So would you suggest me to maybe darken the palete of the walls?

Is this how you internet
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic