Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 02:21:22 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)Lookin' for a good, cheap, drawing tablet
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Lookin' for a good, cheap, drawing tablet  (Read 1006 times)
RyanWorlds
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: November 08, 2014, 07:20:36 PM »

Hey guys! This is my first post on the TIG Forums! I wish it was a little more epic, like a finished game but whatever. I have had a cheap drawing tablet for many years and I have used it on and off. Since I upgraded to win8.1, the drivers for it are unsupported (yes it's that old). Do you guys have any recommendations for a cheap drawing tablet that works well with Flash? I'm looking to keep it <$100. Thanks!
rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2014, 02:30:57 AM »

basically anything monoprice

Oleg Klishin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2014, 03:20:14 AM »

I've got the smallest Wacom Intuos Pen a week ago. It's pretty cheap and perfect for my small pixel pieces. Now I know why people say you don't ever want anything but Wacom.

Art portfolio and social media links: olegklishin.com
Lux
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2014, 05:13:10 AM »

I used to have a $60 Monoprice, and I would suggest it if not for the driver issues which are pretty common, especially if you've downloaded other tablet drivers in the past. Even if you think you deleted the other drivers before installing the Monoprice ones, there's a strong possibility you'll still have issues.

I'd suggest putting a little extra cash in for an older model Intuos, since they have much better support and documentation. If you don't mind having a smaller model, it won't be much more money than a Monoprice at all.

bitserum
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2014, 05:39:00 AM »

I have a Wacom Bamboo and I'm perfectly happy with it. I pondered getting an Intuos for a long while, but I couldn't justify the price vs how often I need to use the device. And since it's still Wacom, never a problem with drivers.
Tom Rijnbeek
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2014, 06:28:27 AM »

I use a Wacom Bamboo Pen & Touch. I am not an artist whatsoever, but I have never had problems with it on either Windows or OSX, and it feels really sturdy and good-quality as well. Definitely worth getting if you don't want to go for higher-end tablets like the Intuos.
Storsorgen
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2014, 10:05:31 AM »

I use a Wacom Intuos Manga tablet, really cheap and all drawing area, no fancy buttons.
joseph ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2014, 10:33:27 AM »

Monoprice tablet. 1-2 hrs fixing driver BS everytime you reinstall windwos >>> spending 200 dollars more for the same feature set. Very good digitizer, feels as good as if not better than my cintiq.

Ingenoire
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2014, 10:44:41 AM »

I run with a Wacom Intuos Pen. It's pretty small, but I find it quite handy as it's very easily transported. Who doesn't like drawing on their bed with their laptop? Grin

RyanWorlds
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2014, 11:39:10 AM »

These are all great! Thanks so much for all the tips, everyone!! Hopefully I'll be drawing up cool stuff in no time.
CandyFace
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2014, 02:33:54 PM »

I have been using a Huion K58 tablet for the past 2 years, it is cheap, same size as wacom's Intous Medium, 2048 pressure levels etc.. if you care for that kind of details.

I use it flawlessly with my Macbook Air and PC. The K58 tablet goes for $60-70 else i would recommend this: http://www.huion-tablet.com/product/product.php?sku=1020
They are located in China but you can also find their brand on Amazon.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic