Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411276 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 10:55:12 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsGDX Edmonton
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: GDX Edmonton  (Read 1554 times)
TheLastBanana
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« on: November 09, 2014, 07:35:23 PM »

Howdy TIGSource!

I'm part of a team working to put on a big game development event in Edmonton, Alberta.  It's happening on April 25th, 2015, and our hope is to bring together the game dev community in Edmonton to show off their projects and portfolios, network with other developers, and generally celebrate game development. Ideally, we'd like to make this a yearly gathering for Edmonton-based game devs.

The format is going to be a lot like GDC, PAX, IGF and so on -- essentially, you register for a booth and we give you a table and a few chairs. You can bring a laptop with a demo of your game, you can show off concept sketches or WIPs, or if you're looking for a team, you can bring a portfolio of your work to show off to the other attendees. We're also planning to have some talks and panels with a variety of game developers, though more details on that will be coming in the next few months. The main difference from big-name game conventions is that registering as a presenter is super cheap ($15 fully refundable as long as you show up). Plus, attendance is absolutely free, so you can bring your friends!

If GDX sounds like something you'd like to be part of, you can check out our new website here. You can also get tickets here. We're going to be doing some random prize draws for early sign-ups, plus it would really help us to know how many people are planning to attend, so now's a good time to grab tickets!

I hope to hear from some of you folks in the near future! Gentleman

« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 01:37:09 PM by TheLastBanana » Logged
TheLastBanana
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2015, 01:37:31 PM »

We've just launched our new website and registration is now live on Eventbrite!
PowRTocH
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2015, 09:59:20 AM »

I signed up, godspeed.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic